Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Shock ammo

Default Extreme Shock ammo

Does anyone know of this stuff or has used any before? I found a couple of boxes of 165 gr .40 S&W for cheap and picked them up before doing any kind of research on them. The ones I picked up look kind of like the Pow'r Ball ammo so I figured we'd give it a shot.

Once I got home I did a quick Google and found the website for Extreme Shock ammo. Reading through it sounds like impressive stuff (not surprising as it is their website). But I can't find any ammo on the site that looks like the stuff I picked up. The closest looks to be called "Enhanced Penetration Rounds".

On the price tag it did say these rounds are discontinued, thus the much cheaper price on them. Any info would be appreciated.

I have not heard good things about this "Gimmicky" type ammo. Read the linked article I provide. Opinions are on about the 5th or 6th page. If it were me, I would use it for target practice only.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot23.htm
    Virtues are learned at Mother's Knee

Vices are learned at some other Joint

I can't seem to reach the opinion pages as it sends me back to the first page, but I do appreciate the link. The original price for these rounds were over $2 per round, I paid much less. I plan on shooting a few tests myself but am nowhere sold on them.

Would love to hear from anyone else? I can't seem to find much on the internet on them other than their website.

At the bottom of each page there is a "Previous Page" & "Next Page" button to click on, and it just worked for me. Sorry you had problems, I think getting to all the pages would show you this isn't an effective round. Good luck in your search for info.
    Virtues are learned at Mother's Knee

Vices are learned at some other Joint

This is pretty much the same marketing as the other gimmick stuff.

Why use ES when you can now have newly created XRBR ammo.

Xtreme Rabid Badger Rounds signal a paradigm shift in home defense and anti-terrorism ammunition. Utilizing the same state of the art technology that puts foam dinosaurs in those plastic capsules that dissolve in hot water, I've been able to enhance what would be otherwise boring hollowpoint ammunition with a rabid badger core. The exact process is like, totally secret and proprietary.

Upon striking the body of your target, a rabid badger is unleashed through a process that involves a lot of really hard to understand math and physics calculations, and possibly some magic. The resulting stopping power goes beyond devastating, and is actually completely unable to be measured. In every ballistic test conducted, the badger ate the gelatin block, and then quickly turned on the testers.

My cores use very expensive laboratory grade badgers that are 99.9% pure, and 100% insane with rabies.

The shock of a rabid badger bursting from a teammate's body and then going totally nuts adds a psychological warfare element unmatched by any other ammunition maker in the industry today. To further enhance this, I took a cue from the A-10 Warthog, and painted a scary face on each and every round.

Already in use by Elite Team Fighting and many other highly trained special operations forces around the world, XRBR rounds represent the zenith in small arms ammunition technology. Get yours today!"

ORIGINAL AUTHOR UNKNOWN.

Quote Originally Posted by hotpig View Post
    This is pretty much the same marketing as the other gimmick stuff.

Why use ES when you can now have newly created XRBR ammo.

Xtreme Rabid Badger Rounds signal a paradigm shift in home defense and anti-terrorism ammunition. Utilizing the same state of the art technology that puts foam dinosaurs in those plastic capsules that dissolve in hot water, I've been able to enhance what would be otherwise boring hollowpoint ammunition with a rabid badger core. The exact process is like, totally secret and proprietary.

Upon striking the body of your target, a rabid badger is unleashed through a process that involves a lot of really hard to understand math and physics calculations, and possibly some magic. The resulting stopping power goes beyond devastating, and is actually completely unable to be measured. In every ballistic test conducted, the badger ate the gelatin block, and then quickly turned on the testers.

My cores use very expensive laboratory grade badgers that are 99.9% pure, and 100% insane with rabies.

The shock of a rabid badger bursting from a teammate's body and then going totally nuts adds a psychological warfare element unmatched by any other ammunition maker in the industry today. To further enhance this, I took a cue from the A-10 Warthog, and painted a scary face on each and every round.

Already in use by Elite Team Fighting and many other highly trained special operations forces around the world, XRBR rounds represent the zenith in small arms ammunition technology. Get yours today!"

ORIGINAL AUTHOR UNKNOWN.
    Old news. They now have the XRHBR. The Xtreme Rabid Honey Badger rounds are for when just any rabid badger rounds won't cut it.

I'm holding out for the XRHBZKR Xtreme Rabid Honey Badger Zombie Killer Round myself. I think the green paint which is direct from Chernobyl will make these the best rounds for me

I'm collecting skunks for a less lethal\ crowd control round.

Magic bullets do not exist and this one's no different. The only thing 'extreme' about it is how 'extremely' bad it is. I wouldn't use this is to save my life (literally and figuratively).

If you want to find a wealth of knowledge with some better-than-gel-only tests, check out TNOUTDOORS9. Been watching his videos for years. He's why I settled on the PDX1, again, not magic, but by far one of the best choices out there right now. Anyway, here's his review of the ES crap. Scary! If you used it on a CLOTHED home invader, you better not have anybody behind the perp or you're gonna kill them too. It's gonna fly thru both of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o2owhC_Cgc

Truly staggeringly bad if you ask me. At $2/round I wouldn't suggest it for target use either other than to get rid of the 2 boxes you have before you mistakenly load up w/ it and end up on the wrong end of a poorly performing bullet (legally or end-of-life trouble).

I'm w/ hotpig, I think I'd opt for the skunks first.

it seems alot of the good name brand rounds that do what they advertise,need no real AD hpe to get the message out...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY