CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kids getting booze

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default kids getting booze

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-r...cohol-to-child

Would you pull your Kahr out and shoot the bartender?

read the comments at the bottom of the page. Where do you stand?

This sounds like a simple mistake that the server took responsibility for, nothing more.

Not really gun or accessory related.

I'll leave it for now, first sign of ugliness, (drinking and drugs are right up there with politics and lawsuits sometimes) will warrant closing without further ado.

I can be such a hard arse sometimes, I just hate myself.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Alcohol consumption and alcohol poisioning can be very dangerous for young children. Restaurant's need to be very careful, a mistake like that could put them on the skids real quick. As a precaution, when we take our grandchildren out, their drinks are usually sampled by a responsible adult. Grandpa like a stiff one now & then too !!!

wow gun related.. Since my system is running 5x5 I wont have much to say here. I will try to only post gun related topics and I have changed my op to reflect this. Joke BTW about the bartender

Mistakes are bound to happen in the million's of beverages served daily at these establishments. I don't find 2 or 3 incidents of this occuring to be a tremendous tragedy. How often have people received the wrong entree at these places, I see it happening all the time. I think it's a bit of an over reaction to take your child to the ER over consuming a little alcohol. Parents should notice what the child is drinking and not place so much trust in busy wait staff.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

there should be special classes that all bartendersa must take
    there should be special cups and containers for non alcohol so that a mix up cannot happen at the table
    there should be special straws that turn caution orange if in contat with alcohol

That should do it

My grandfather used to make his own wine and put it up in Gingerale bottles. When I was nine and my brother was six we polished off a quart between us. My grandmothers solution to the problem was to chase Grandpa out of the house with a broom. And I turned out alright, didn't I?
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

My take, common sense prevails

1. Why do they name kids drinks with words like "daiquiri"? Ain't that just asking for trouble?

2. The kid was not an infant - where it would have been much worse.

3. Commonly, children of that age drink several glasses of wine, mixed with water, with family meals in parts of Europe. European wine is often both live, and higher in booz content than American "killed" wine.

4. The parents are way way over reacting.

5. The server - SERVER - didn't make the drink, bartender did.

6. Management was, and still is, in CYA mode... omg omg ****!!! a kid sampled evil boozahol

7. Its common in Europe to mix wine and or spirits in infant formula when a child is experiencing upset stomach or sleeplessness.

8. Etc.

9. Why is O. M. F. G. (off my flipping gourd) a banned phrase?

When I was a kid I sometimes would sneak some wine from the box dispenser in the fridge. What kid doesn't get into alcohol sometimes? But it's not OK in our new nanny state attitude.

I don't really know how potent 2 oz of rum is, or the kid's body weight, but I believe that one of the commenters is likely right - the kid was probably shaken up by the reaction, all of the negative energy and attention and the trip to the hospital and everything that happened there way more than by the alcohol.

Were the parents carrying a gun or something?