CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P vs. Glock

Default S&W M&P vs. Glock

I get discounts on both.
    I only have one pistol, the PM9, and it's time to expand.
    For about $360 OTD I can buy any new Smith and Wesson M&P.
    For $425 + tax I can have any Gen 4 Glock with the LEO fixins(3 mags, etc.)

Who has experience with these pistols? I think I'm leaning towards the M&P. Any suggestions? Feel free to recommend calibers etc on here, as I'm debating that with the new pistol as well.
    Kahr PM9094 - Hornady Critical Defense

Marlin 30-30
    Mossberg 500A 12 GA
    Marlin .22LR

If you like Brass hitting you in the face by all means get the Glock . If not get the M&P.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

SHOOT STRAIGHT, RIDE SAFE

I'll be following this thread, as I too am comparing these models.

So far, what i've found is they are very similar (duh) but they each have good and bad thats making it impossible to choose.

The MP feels way better in my hand. The Glock has higher capacity (comparing full size .45's). The Glock has a very proven track record, but the MP is newer and thus, cooler.

I'm interested to see where this goes

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    If you like Brass hitting you in the face by all means get the Glock . If not get the M&P.
    Never even thought of that. My K9 hits me square in the eyeball with pinpoint accuracy, and its pretty annoying.

I have a G19 and M&P 40. Both are great guns, completely reliable and accurate. But if I were looking to add one of those two brands to what I already have, it would be an M&P. It just points more naturally.
    Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
    C. S. Lewis

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Is the MP more-er better-er enough to justify the lower round count? (I'm sorry OP, I feel like i've hijacked your thread. I'll shut up now!)

Hahaaa GTHO of here kb2wji! j/k of course! We're all here to gain information. You're welcome on any of my threads. If not, I'll just run and tell Bawanna! haha J/k again.

I didn't know Glocks ejected rounds reward. Can anyone else verify that, or is it just individual guns that do this?

Glock has their reliability going for them, but considering I don't mistreat my guns, I lean more towards other features. I clean EVERY time I fire, and after a long period of carrying and no firing, I'll clean it anyway just to keep lint and **** out of there. I can keep pretty much any pistol in working order, ready to protect my life.

Thank you crazymailman! I just watched a review that specifically mentioned the same exact thing! Btw, do you have a son in Missouri? After the divorce my dad said I came from the mailman...could it be true? lol

I'm really considering getting the M&P 9c, and the Xgrip extension. Since this gun will only be a "heavier clothing" or open carry gun(not often I might add...not the best idea IMHO), I want to have the compact size to CCW, and the optional larger mags for at home or open carry(again, rare case). Does anyone have any objections to a full size magazine in conjunction with the compact 3.5" barrel length? I'm a BIT concerned about that, but I'm rationalizing it by how extremely accurate I can be with my 3.0" PM9.
    Kahr PM9094 - Hornady Critical Defense

Marlin 30-30
    Mossberg 500A 12 GA
    Marlin .22LR

I have the M&P 9c, M&P FS and Glock 19, plus some Kahrs, etc. I've had the FS M&P for quite a while. It & the 9C have been flawless from day one. I like everything about them better than the Glock 19. I shoot them better, they feel better in my hand and have always worked great, clean or not, though I usually always clean them after a range visit. I usually buy from Buds Police Supply (Retired military). Good luck on your choice.
    KØKAV

[QUOTE=MO_Soldier;156033]I didn't know Glocks ejected rounds reward. Can anyone else verify that, or is it just individual guns that do this?

QUOTE]

Don't know if they all do it but it's a very well know fact that many Gen 4 glocks will eject brass in your face and Glock seems to be having problems correcting this issue. Go to Glock talk and read it for yourself.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

SHOOT STRAIGHT, RIDE SAFE

M&P! But you knew I was gonna say that.