Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: S&W M&P vs. Glock

I have the SD40, and love it. There are alot of parts compatible between it and the Sigma. Magazines for one. The base plate will stick out, but it's not horrible. It will also fit in the same holster as the Glock. I had an officer (PD at work carries a Glock 22), forget his pistol after his wife moved his stuff, and it fit his duty holster pretty well. I also have not had problem one from mine in about 500 rounds. The trigger will smooth out as well.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Both are fine guns but I prefer Glock over the S&W M&P.

I just changed my Glock connector and spring to
    Glock OEM 3.5 "-" connector and NY1 spring.

Was getting occasional unintended double taps at the range with
    the Ghost Rocket 3.5 and factory springs.
    I know it's trigger control and I'll get used to it.
    But it's a carry gun and I want something foolproof for a stress fire situation.
    Really like the new setup. Feels more comfortable and confident for carry.
    Don't think I gave anything up in accuracy either.

Plus I changed the connector and spring out myself in about three minutes flat.
    Factory part compatibility across models, aftermarket part selection and ease to work on are real advantages of Glock pistols - IMHO.

I've noticed lately that some the local township PD's seem to be moving away from Glocks and towards the MP's. Not sure why that is, just and observation. Maybe there not getting the discounts they once did with Glock. Like my glock 26 well enough, but I think the Kahrs, XD's and MP's are better natural pointers do to there grip angle. As far as reliability and accuracy I don't believe there is a big difference in any of them. Only different features that some may like or not like.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

SHOOT STRAIGHT, RIDE SAFE

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    I've noticed lately that some the local township PD's seem to be moving away from Glocks and towards the MP's. Not sure why that is, just and observation. Maybe there not getting the discounts they once did with Glock. Like my glock 26 well enough, but I think the Kahrs, XD's and MP's are better natural pointers do to there grip angle. As far as reliability and accuracy I don't believe there is a big difference in any of them. Only different features that some may like or not like.
    +1 they are all fine guns and you can't really go wrong with any of them.
    I have a Kahr MK40 Elite and a Glock G27.
    They are both flawless.
    Friends have XDs and M&Ps and speak the same of them.

I always recommend folks make a short list of guns they are interested in.
    Rent and shoot them.
    And see which they favor.

Barth when I hear people talk about a pistols accuracy I have to wonder is it just because they shoot that particual pistol more accurately than the actual accuracy of the pistol. I really think it's the individual persons ability to shoot a certain brand or style better because the ergo's fit them better.

From my experience from owning many different brands of pistols, your right there all fine pistols. Either that or the pistols gods have blessed me with all the good ones. (not hardly) I've had very few problems with any of the pistols I've owned and none have ever gone back to the factory. I do leave them all in there stock configuration though as I carry them all at one time or another. Some more than others. I shot my friends new MP9 last week for the first time and I must say for never having shot one before I was very impressed with the ergo's and overall feel and balance of the pistol. I believe that's why I shot it fairly well the first time out. I might consider one at some point down the road but as of late I seem to be leaning towards all steel hammer fired pistols..Top of the list for me is the CZ PO1. What a fantastic pistol that is IMO.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    In a comparison like this, I would expect to see the Springfield XD and XDM being considered, too.
    I so agree, I have had each and PREFER the XDm 3.8

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    +1 they are all fine guns and you can't really go wrong with any of them.
    I have a Kahr MK40 Elite and a Glock G27.
    They are both flawless.
    Friends have XDs and M&Ps and speak the same of them.

I always recommend folks make a short list of guns they are interested in.
    Rent and shoot them.
    And see which they favor.
    We have similar tastes - I have my newly purchesed MK9 Elite and a Glock 30SF (which I carry with the flush fit 9 rd mag).

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Barth when I hear people talk about a pistols accuracy I have to wonder is it just because they shoot that particual pistol more accurately than the actual accuracy of the pistol. I really think it's the individual persons ability to shoot a certain brand or style better because the ergo's fit them better.
    There was a long thread involving accuracy, including a hickock45 video on the subject, on a different forum.
    Almost no one has a ransom rest to determine absolute accuracy of one weapon verses another.
    And since humans are actually going to shoot it, not a machine, I'm not sure how important that is anyway.

When I say one gun is more accurate than another.
    I mean in my hands, for me, I find it's more accurate.
    Ergonomics, sights, triggers and more are huge in that respect.

I personally don't shoot H&K or Beretta pistols well.
    Does that mean those guns are inaccurate?
    No way.

Totally agree. I personally do not shoot 40 caliber pistols very well. I once had a used S&W 4013. It was a absolutely beautiful and reliable pistol. After owning it for a while I found out that it was just not a good fit for me know matter how much I loved the look of it. I just did not shoot it very well. I really wanted to like that pistol but I ending up trading it for a XD9sc. It was a lesson well learned.