Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P vs. Glock

Quote Originally Posted by bapple View Post
    You must be referring to the Shield and only a select few of the compact and full sized ones. About 75%-80% of M&Ps I see don't have a safety. They may not have the history of the Glock, but they are so much more comfortable and ergonomic. Just about every review I have read of the M&Ps has been positive with no failures.

Then again, I'm biased as well... Just in the other direction...
    I am. I had just read another thread on the shield and I had it on my mind. Sorry....carry on
    Glocks, Smiths, High Standards, a kimber, a Kahr and a pop that reloads for almost all of em!!!!

My preference is Glock. Easy to shoot, take down, clean & put back together & versatility, with the ability to use magazines of any capacity in same caliber. My Gen2 G26 will accept my brother's Gen3 G19 mags & vice versa. Like others have stated, shoot 'em both if you can & you'll know which one is right for you!

I sure love my tuned, stippled G19. I had a m &p 9 complete tuned and reworked by Dave Bowie of Bowie Tactical. That gun was so super when I got it back it was scary. I sold it. to me it did't have the feel my g19 had...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I bought the gen4 G27 before getting my CM9, wanted the versatility of using longer barrels as well as .357 Sig and 9mm by swapping barrels and mags for the 9mm. The .357 uses the .40 mags. I like having larger mags available too. The Glock is harder to conceal in my summer clothes so I got the Kahr. I like them both.

I love my G19. Its a littly bulky for a ccw in the summertime (hello Kahr!), but the performance is hard to match. Its not for everyone, and before the Gen 4 it wasn't for me. But that slight reduction in the grip on the Gen 4 made it fit my hand and the rest is pure joy. Can I vote twice for Glock?
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Molon Labe

Default Scarlett prefers Glock

Last edited by Barth; 05-06-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Held both in my hands yesterday without firing. When simply picked up and aimed, the M&P aims to the right for me. Maybe the grip add ons would fix that. The thicker glock seemed to fit like a glove which kinda sucks. I was leaning more toward the M&P lol
    Kahr PM9094 - Hornady Critical Defense

Marlin 30-30
    Mossberg 500A 12 GA
    Marlin .22LR

Glock 19!

I've carried a G19 for 6 years every day every where and truely believe it to be the best EDC handgun around. I have shot it in IDPA for 2 years, taken several weekend long high round count training classes with it. I use to keep track of the rounds through it but quit at 25,000 2 years ago. I have replaced the recoil spring assembly 2 times not because it failed but because they said it should be replaced at 10000 rounds. It has very little finish left on it but does not rust. I picked up an M&P pro with the thought of using it for a gaming gun for IDPA and USPSA I had to work on the trigger as it was not acceptable and had no reset that was detectable. Easy enough to fix though but still it should come that way from the factory. I shot it through 7 matches and a total of probably 4000 rounds with practice. We did a classifier and I shot 31 points down on the 3rd stage with zero down on stage 1 and 2. I was not happy and decided to try stage 3 with my G19 and I shot it .45 seconds faster and only 3 points down. I never shot the M&P again. Accuracy was not there and seems to be a common problem with the 9mm and .40 guns, at least that is what I was told. I know I could not squeeze any accuracy out of it.
    I have a gen 4 G17 and it does not throw brass in my face but it did my daughters face until I swapped to a lighter recoil spring. Problem solved, no big deal her grip was not as strong as mine or my sons is and probably contributed to it.

But really you cannot make a bad decision with the 2 companies. Both make fine products and stand behind them well. Pick which one suits you and makes you warm and fuzzy.

Sent from my evil black iPhone using Tapatalk

They are both great guns and similar in function. You should pick them both up, but you also need to fire them both. They both should be very available in your LGR for rent. Try the different versions of your preferred round and see which one works for you. For me, it was the M&P, but it was only slightly better than the Glock. I also LOVE the warranty and service provided by S&W...AND it is made in the US. I have had 2 issues with 3 M&Ps in the past year. One was a front sight that moved while at the range I sent it back on their dime and had it back in 14 days with a new mag. The second was a white dot fell out of the back sight. After sending an email to them, I had a new sight in my hands within 5 days from the email. Just because of the CS and the US-based manufacturing, I will always be a S&W fan.

If you already have a P9, look at the higher capacity guns. The Shield is similar in size and capacity to your P9, but heavier. Don't get me started on my disappointment in the Shield. The M&P9c is a GREAT handgun!