Xssights   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PM 40 Feeding Problems

Default PM 40 Feeding Problems

I have a 6 month old PM40. Lightly used. Shot fine and never jammed until I field stripped her and now it will shoot the first magazine and then when I reload the gun and pull back on the slide, it doesn't go forward. I can release the slide with the slide lock lever and it will chamber a round and I am able to fire. Then the slide locks back and you cannot pull it back to release it. Once again you can use the lever to release the slide lock and it will chamber the next round.

Very frustrating. I have had the gun apart several more times. I do not see anything wrong, but I am also not a Kahr expert.

Any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated....

Sounds like either the little slide lock spring under the screw on left side of the gun either got bent upward, or the slide stop got inserted above it the last time to put the gun back together.

It happens. If bent, a little tweak with a needle nose will solve it.

The screw might also be loose. If so, tighten very gently, remembering that it is threaded into plastic.

Let us know how it goes. We are pulling for you.
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

check to see if by chance u don't have the slide lock lever over that little sprnghy tip instead of under it. That lever should always be wanting to be pulled downward, not upward.

over on the kahr tech section under cw45 fixes, if u scrolldown u wll see a photo tutorial on how that little springhy should look, ur slide lock lever has a littlen ub that the springhy rest on top of, not under it.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I'll check those suggestions out. I cannot help but think it is something that I did when I reassembled after the first field strip.

I do notice that when I pull the slide lock lever out, the slide goes forward. Any indication there?

Quote Originally Posted by mjeakman View Post
    I do notice that when I pull the slide lock lever out, the slide goes forward. Any indication there?
    Normal. When you reinsert, be sure to follow Kahr's recommendation to insert at 4:00 and rotate to 3:00 as you push it in.

My slide lock spring does look messed up. I am not sure how it's supposed to look. Here is a photo...

[IMG]ftp://68.178.232.55:21/Aces/images2011/Slide Lever Spring.JPG[/IMG]

www.aces-angels.org/images2011/Slide Lever Spring.JPG

Tucson,

I made the mistake of using a youtube video to learn to strip. I am sure that I didn't do the 4:00 and rotate to 3:00 insertion. I know in the manual it mentions that if you do not do this, the weapon has to go back to kahr for service. I just posted a photo of my slide lever spring. Your thoughts?

FIXED IT!! Thank you so much for the solution. Tucson and Jocko were exactly right. Took the needle nose and bent the springy thing (technical term) up and it feeds fine. Will take it to the range and make sure.

Thanks again guys. I really was getting frustrated and it looks like it is fixed.

Excellent! Yeah, your spring did get pushed out of shape a bit!

Glad you have it back in shape. Looking forward to the range report.

One of the moderators, Greg (gb6491), provides this picture of a healthy spring in his sticky thread in the technical section (kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1612). If yours now looks like this, rest easy and expect a good range trip. But, take along that little needle nose.