Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PM 40 Feeding Problems

Quote Originally Posted by cmichael22 View Post
    I read somewhere that pm40 have a lot of parts problems because its such a big caliber in a little handgun is that true or don't they know what their talking about?
    Both of mine work great! I think I read a similar comment about jet engines. Haven't flown anywhere since . . . after all, I read it on the Internet, so it must be true!
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Haha thats very true theres quite a few things on the internet that you can't trust.

It seems that the polishing may have worked there was one feeding problem right at the start after the polishing, but now with over 150 rounds through it no more problems thus far!

Default not only

I read somewhere that pm40 have a lot of parts problems because its such a big caliber in a little handgun is that true or don't they know what their talking about?
    not true but abolutley posityively pure bull sh!t:israel:

probably some disgruntled kel tek owner: Just sayin:israel:
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

It seems that the polishing may have worked there was one feeding problem right at the start after the polishing, but now with over 150 rounds through it no more problems thus far!
    Congratulations! Glad you stuck with it and succeeded!
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Hi All, I'm new to the forum and also have PM40 that had feeding problems since I bought it (used). I found this forum and the spring deal, took it apart, and it was bent. I bent it back as the pic shows (great pic) and it now hand cycles with no issues. I'm going to bring it to the range tomorrow to see if this indeed solved the problem, though I am pretty confident it did. I'm so glad I found this forum, this was very frustrating. I really like the feel of the gun. I'll update ya'll on if this solved the problem, but I just wanted to say "hi" and give a very hopeful "thanks" for this info, and those great pics.

have u read the kahr tech sectionthe propper prepping thread to also see if my chance ur magazinefollower could be grabbing ont he mag release button at round 2/3. There is a nice explanation on that in that thread and how tocheck for it. Just eliminate all the possqable before that first shoot.

welcome aboard and let us know how the shoot goes and don't give up, these guys here are sharp. they have walked where u are walking now so they have been there dne that sort of thing..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Hey Jocko, thanks for pointing me to that thread, I'll check it out. I'm hopeful I'll have everything straightened out tomorrow. From all that I have read, and all the complaints about this weapon, from what i can tell it really comes down to a couple of things, and the biggest one doesn't seem to be a manufacturing defect, but a problem caused during re-assembly (ie, the spring issue). I'm really hoping this can be a reliable CC piece. I'll post an update if I get a chance to shoot tomorrow (gonna try to sneak out around lunchtime....).

I couldn't be happier! The little PM40 performed excellent! No issues whatsoever. I'm very happy I found this forum with the pics and explanation of the slide lock spring and the prepping suggestions. Now I'm off to clean it, so I'll take a look at the lubing chart I hear so much about.

Thanks again, this piece looks like it will do exactly what I want it to do.