Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally getting a Micro Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by bonjorno2 View Post
    how much does it weight? I am guessing more than a airweight revolver?

edit: i see they are the same give or take a little.... Hope it treats you better than your p380... i am giving it another shot after the last few i've owned.
    Yeah, they're not nearly as heavy as many people make them out to be. I respect why some people want a pistol less than 10oz, but after having owned a few it hasn't proven to be a characteristic I care for.

It's a tiny bit thicker than most pocket pistols as well, but it's still a thin pistol for all intents and purposes. I'm still very surprised about how well it fit my hand, and I think that's due to the ever so slightly thicker trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    +1
    I keep thinking I need a mouse gun for some reason.
    Don't know why.
    My 11.1 oz S&W 342 ti 38 +P fills that role.

The Micro Eagle and a Seecamp keep bouncing through my mind.
    I tried the J-frame route before with a 642-1. There's NO comparison in size between a J-frame and a micro sized .380, the .380's are much smaller and carry much, much better. A more valid comparison in size for a J-frame would be a Glock 26 or HK P2000sk. I found that if I could carry that size of pistol, then I could carry my P2000 anyway. As it is, my P2000 is what I carry 99% of the time, and I'm even waiting on a holster (JR Customs AIWB) to wear it tucked under dress clothes. The MDE will fill the role as a 100% NPE gun, but more commonly as my "lazy gun" as I lay around the house and do not wish to wear a holster

I considered the NAA Guardian .380, but not the Seecamp. I found a local .380 Guardian for $199 used......it was WAY too small to be anything but a belly gun. I understand and respect that's all some people expect of their pocket pistols, but I'm not one of them. For instance, I fully intend on documenting my performance with the MDE with drills such as the 4567, Dot Torture, and FAST all viewed here at Pistol-Training.com.

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    Where's that range report?
    Ughhhh.....I'm STILL waiting on a purchasing permit.

In NJ, in order to buy a gun you need a Firearms ID card. In addition, for each pistol you buy a Pistol Purchasers Permit is needed (which is what I'm waiting on). These permits were instituted before the NICS system, so it made sense to do a background check. Today, we have the NICS system, so it's completely pointless and a waste of $18 for each permit since we have to get a NICS check every time you fill out a Form 4473 anyway. It's literally just a NICS check and they give you the permit, but they make it take weeks for whatever reason. :40:

Fortunately, this NJ thing is a temporary stay.

The range report will come the day after I take possession, I can assure you that! It's nice to see so many people interested in the MDE. I ended up with an extra pocket holster (Galco), so if anyone is local and needs one I'll be happy to make it a gift just to "pay it forward."

hahaha NJ and guns.... that sucks, but it will be yours soon enough! I remember my NAA 32 and 380 they were both heavy as hell but recoil was better... my p3at kel tec wasn't brutal or fun... my sig p238 is the best subcompact pocket 380 i've shot and second is my p380.

Best of luck to you and hopefully you have it in your possesion soon!
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

50 more trouble free rounds today. It is my only .380 and the smallest pistol I own. It fits my rear pocket in wallet holster.
    Actualy pretty acurate and has usefull sights for a mouse gun.

Man, finally got to pick up my MDE today! It's about time! Very happy. Unfortunately Marshalko Grips is running behind, so it will be a couple weeks before I get my Bubinga wood grips from him.

Unfortunately, I just started an accelerated EMT course this week. 250 hours of class/clinicals over the next 5 weeks (8 hours of classroom 5 days a week, online homework/exams every night, and clinicals on the weekends)....so I definitely won't have time to shoot it until mid August.....possibly late August.

Until then, I'll just be happy I finally got my MDE.

give us an update. I'll be looking forward to it.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

For those interested:

So this weekend I was able to sneak away from my responsibilities and had just enough time (and tolerance for heat/humidity!) to put 50 rounds downrange.

The accuracy of the gun is surprisingly good. At 25 yards and standing I was able to hit 5" plates about 50% of the time with good concentration. The same can be said for the big 2' gong we have at 25 yards. I guess with moving to the larger target I became a little overconfident and didn't concentrate as much as I should have. Keep in mind that I'm a double-action sort of dude...so if DA, and DAO specifically are not your cup of tea, you will not likely find this pistol particularly useful for hitting anything. It is most definitely an excellent training tool for improving your trigger finger finesse. Honestly it's not bad, but of course the Kahr P380 has an outstanding trigger.

Keep in mind that this is slow fire, no time limits. The grip of the pistol is way too slippery in hot weather since the backstrap and frontstrap are smooth nickel-teflon. I'll have to add some grip-tape. Thus, I didn't really try to do anything speed related as holding a solid grip was near impossible with sweaty hands.

Firing weak-hand only, it was painful to shoot. I imagine this will change for the better when I slap some grip tape on and am able to have a more secure grip. Still, I'm sort of missing the low recoil of the Kahr P380. The MDE isn't too bad, but the P380 was a *****-cat. I will say that shooting the MDE with standard Sellier & Bellot FMJ was probably as snappy as the P380 with hot Buffalo Bore.

I was shooting from underneath shade. The gas ports had a pretty cool visual effect. :53:

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    For those interested:

So this weekend I was able to sneak away from my responsibilities and had just enough time (and tolerance for heat/humidity!) to put 50 rounds downrange.

The accuracy of the gun is surprisingly good. At 25 yards and standing I was able to hit 5" plates about 50% of the time with good concentration. The same can be said for the big 2' gong we have at 25 yards. I guess with moving to the larger target I became a little overconfident and didn't concentrate as much as I should have. Keep in mind that I'm a double-action sort of dude...so if DA, and DAO specifically are not your cup of tea, you will not likely find this pistol particularly useful for hitting anything. It is most definitely an excellent training tool for improving your trigger finger finesse. Honestly it's not bad, but of course the Kahr P380 has an outstanding trigger.

Keep in mind that this is slow fire, no time limits. The grip of the pistol is way too slippery in hot weather since the backstrap and frontstrap are smooth nickel-teflon. I'll have to add some grip-tape. Thus, I didn't really try to do anything speed related as holding a solid grip was near impossible with sweaty hands.

Firing weak-hand only, it was painful to shoot. I imagine this will change for the better when I slap some grip tape on and am able to have a more secure grip. Still, I'm sort of missing the low recoil of the Kahr P380. The MDE isn't too bad, but the P380 was a *****-cat. I will say that shooting the MDE with standard Sellier & Bellot FMJ was probably as snappy as the P380 with hot Buffalo Bore.

I was shooting from underneath shade. The gas ports had a pretty cool visual effect. :53:
    So, quick question since you were comparing the recoil with the P380, how hard is the slide to rack on the MDE compared to the P380? I am just interested because the wife does not like racking the slide on the CW380 much, it is pretty stiff....

Great report by the way...
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

Quote Originally Posted by ReManG View Post
    So, quick question since you were comparing the recoil with the P380, how hard is the slide to rack on the MDE compared to the P380? I am just interested because the wife does not like racking the slide on the CW380 much, it is pretty stiff....

Great report by the way...
    i cannot answer your direct question but I can mention that it takes a lot of hand strength to keep this pistol under control. I don't reccommend it for shooters already having trouble racking, etc. The slide bites hard if you don't control muzzle flip. And it's a very short gun so the muzzle does flip.
    ​O|||||||O

Thanks on that, I figured it was like that. The CW380 recoil is so controllable compared to the P3AT/LCP it is the reason I went with it. I like the MDE, but my hands would get caught in the slide. I remember the MDE has a single offset recoil spring and was wondering about the rack ability of it. I think she could handle the recoil, but pinching a slide is where she has the issue, so the CW380 is not a training option for her right now. Thanks for the reply!
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

^^ I'll backtrack a bit. If you think she can control the muzzle flip, then I DO recommend it. Dual recoil springs and it isn't particularly hard to rack. I just don't have a cw/p380 to compare it to.

After much deliberation the MDE380 was my pocket carry choice.
    ​O|||||||O