Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conceal Carry Holster Choices

P40, I don't suppose you live in New Mexico?

Default Conceal Carry Holster Choices

No, Central Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    Tell me what you have and where you got it.

Dozer
    Mitch Rosen Clipper, straight drop IWB clip-on, got it from Kahr. I can easily get some cant into it on my 1 1/4" gun belts if I wish. Personally quite fond of Mitch Rosen leather in general and, express line or not, at $65 this one is a stone bargain. Fit, construction, and finish better than my Alessi.

Have anyone ever tried the "smart carry" or thunder pants? They seam a little far out there but a guy walked into my friends gun store the other day and come to find out he was packin' a full size 1911!

I use either an Alessi Talon Plus or a leather holster I made that functions like a Galco NSA (with a "tuckable" option). I use these the most and love them both.

I also use an Alessi ankle holster and a Galco shoulder system.

Hey P40 great looking holster! What was the cost and time involved, I was thinking the other day maybe I should make my own.. By the way I'm not to far from central Texas too....

Itxi. Just received my Mitch Rosen holster. What a great fine leather aroma! He makes great products. This may be the first of his for the Kahr with the CT laser attached. After some minor leather stretching by me, the fit is now pert near purfect for my CW9 with laser.

Quote Originally Posted by hdawson View Post
    Itxi. Just received my Mitch Rosen holster. What a great fine leather aroma! He makes great products. This may be the first of his for the Kahr with the CT laser attached. After some minor leather stretching by me, the fit is now pert near purfect for my CW9 with laser.
    Glad to hear you like it...I have the same fondness for the scent of good leather. I also really appreciate the thin metal insert sandwiched into the mouth reinforcement. As the holster wears in you can just squeeze a bit to snug it up to your liking. I can hold this upside down and shake it, reasonably, with a loaded MK9 and the gun won't fall out...but it still draws smoothly.

I carry my PM9 in a Don Hume IWB leather. The gun is snug but draws smoothly. At 5' 4" and 118lbs it's hard for me to always conceal it and I carry in a pocket holster in my purse. I really hate not having the gun on my body. Any other "fun size" (I hate the word petite) women out there with holsters that work well?

Default reply to 1sleekMK40 RE:Conceal Carry Holster Choices

Quote Originally Posted by 1sleekMK40 View Post
    Hey P40 great looking holster! What was the cost and time involved, I was thinking the other day maybe I should make my own.. By the way I'm not to far from central Texas too....

Thank you! I think materials only for that was just under $10, not including shipping of course. It did take me several hours to get it just right but that was my first one and there was a bit of a learning curve of course. I can say I understand why those companies charge so much now if they are doing anything by hand like I was, it does take up time.

If you are thinking of making one so you know I also made an investment hardware/tools I used. You don't HAVE to buy the hardware/tools that I did especially if you just want to make one or two, but it made it easier than me making my own press, etc. I plan on making several more for my other handguns, pocket holsters, one mounted in the truck, for flashlights, etc. So for me to buy all those retail would have been $$, plus being able to make something not on the market like the truck mount made the investment worthy for me.

You can PM me if you might be interested in me making one for you, I am near Austin. I am considering doing it for some friends already, hopefully I can cut down on the time factor.