Xssights   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has your mag ever popped out while carrying IWB?

Default Has your mag ever popped out while carrying IWB?

The Kahr mag release button sticks out quite a bit more compared to other CCW pistols. Have you ever found that your mag was popped out during the course of carrying all day?
    Kahr CM9

Nope

Not my Kahr. After putting an extended release on my 1911 I had the reform the holster bulge making it larger and extending it to the edge so it cleared all the way. That was in my Tucker Answer holster.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Not with an MTAC

Not with my crossbreed st.

None of mine ever have.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Default Mag Pop

Only on my Kel-tec P32. I had to learn not to lean on anything when carrying in the front pocket. Never with either of my Kahr pistols. CW9, CM9 - Wonderful pistols.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

None of mine or my friends Kahrs...

I'm a lefty and have problems when I pocket carry my 380 LCP, the mag pops lose even with a pocket holster. My Glock 22 duty mag would pop out due it being exposed on the lefty side of my retention holster. Was a real problem with the old mags. When it hit the ground base plate would pop off and rounds went everywhere. Had to constantly check my mag to make sure it was seated, especially getting out of my squad car. When fighting someone had to try and not slam into a hard surface and keep my gun away from the bad guy at the same time. I'm retired now and make my own holsters so I design the holster to protect the mag release. The problem with the 380 is if I cover up the mag release it's hard to get a grip on the grip since it's so small. Have not had any problems with my CM-9 mags popping out.

Mattkcc: I'm also a lefty and carry my LCP in my front pocket. The other day, for the first time, the mag popped loose. I plan to be more careful in the future.