Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has your mag ever popped out while carrying IWB?

I recently purchased a Taurus 738 TCP 380. I am a lefty and I found the mag had become unlatched while carrying it around the house one day. I can't remember whether I was carrying it in my front pocket or AIWB. I just pushed it back in, but I will be watching out about bumping things like the kitchen counter and stuff that might pop it loose.
    Very interesting...

Even though the mag release button sticks out a little, you still really have to positively push it in to release the mag.
    Good points about good IWB holsters that have a cut out not allowing the mag release button to pressed if you lean up against it.
    Love the CM9.
    Kahr CM9

Not on my Kahr PM9. It has on my P3at though when pocket carrying ,and that is one reason I would never buy a pistol that will not fire if the mag is not fully inserted. If for some unknown reason I ever bought a pistol that had that feature it would not be a carry pistol or that feature would be removed. That is one safety feature that is on some pistols that I will never understand. It takes a gun and makes it useless and nothing more than a cleverly designed rock.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

SHOOT STRAIGHT, RIDE SAFE

Me too, neither. No way no how.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I have carried my PM9 ofr over 5 years in front pocke tof tight jeans and I have never had a mag pop loose, NEVER.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

YES with my PM9. I had to modify the holster.

Default I think

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Not on my Kahr PM9. It has on my P3at though when pocket carrying ,and that is one reason I would never buy a pistol that will not fire if the mag is not fully inserted. If for some unknown reason I ever bought a pistol that had that feature it would not be a carry pistol or that feature would be removed. That is one safety feature that is on some pistols that I will never understand. It takes a gun and makes it useless and nothing more than a cleverly designed rock.
    every gun made with a mag disconnet, that part can betaken out with no hindrance to the functioning of the gun. I know when David
    bowie tuned my Smith M & P, he called me and askme if I wanted that mag disconnet out of the gun. I said yes. When it came back frm him the parts were in a plastic bag. Just sayin

It is a hell of a sales feature to the unknown
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    every gun made with a mag disconnet, that part can betaken out with no hindrance to the functioning of the gun. I know when David
    bowie tuned my Smith M & P, he called me and askme if I wanted that mag disconnet out of the gun. I said yes. When it came back frm him the parts were in a plastic bag. Just sayin

It is a hell of a sales feature to the unknown

Some are easier than others to pull. For example, the disconnect on the P345 is a royal mutha, but the Hi-Power is no problem.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerP9fan View Post
    Have you ever found that your mag was popped out during the course of carrying all day?
    No one has posted a resolution to this issue yet. I've been carrying my P380 almost daily for about a year, and a handful of times I've noticed the magazine out of position at the end of the day. This is a pocket pistol, and the only reason I own it is because it's handy for this style of carry. It goes in a DeSantis Super-Fly, without the extra flap, on the left side.

A possible solution is to add the holster flap. But with that, the holster is adding 2/3 the thickness of the gun. If I wanted a fat gun, I'd not have bought the P380. Another option is filing down the magazine release so it's less likely to get inadvertently bumped. It's not like I'll be doing tactical reloads with this gun, so the smaller button won't be an issue.

I'm gonna ponder on this for a few more minutes, then maybe go down to the garage and start carving on the Kahr.

It is done. The mag release now lets go when it's just a hair proud of the frame. I'm confident this will decrease the potential for an unintentional mag drop when the gun is in my pocket. The release was first ground down until the striations were gone, then I hand finished it on a 400 stone. The corners were a little sharp, so I broke the edges by swirling the part around on the stone, to round it off. Next was some cold blue to put some color back onto the bare steel, and it was finished off with a Birchwood-Casey touch-up pen.

I suspect this issue is not unique to Kahrs, but is sometimes seen on other pistols with a button style mag release when carried in a front pocket on the left side. It's just that, comparatively speaking, there aren't many guns of this style being carried around in a front pocket--by lefties.
    Attached Images Attached Images