Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield vs. PM9

Default Shield vs. PM9

Just fondled the Shield and.....then I ordered the matte black PM9!!!

Should have it at the beginning of neXt week!!!

Got some good links for the break in and cleaning?
    Last edited by Dooger; 05-02-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Congrats Dooger and welcome to the forum. You can find info in the tech section of this site http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27 Look at the sticky for Kahr Lube Diagram and also Proper Prep of a New Kahr. You will love your PM9 awesome gun!!

Default indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    Just fondled the Shield and.....then I ordered the matte black PM9!!!

Should have it at the beginning of net week....l

Got some good links for the break in and cleaning?
    IMO a very wise decision.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Wise decision indeed!
    Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
    C. S. Lewis

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I remember seeing a compact 9mm shoot out with 6 of the most popular guns.
    This was pre-shield, but included the Kimber Solo and Ruger LC9.
    The Kahr PM9 compared well in all categories and took overall honors.

It is one of best, if not the best, of the micro 9mm guns available today.

If I didn't already have an 11.1 oz 38 +P pocket pistol,
    I'd have a PM9/CM9 myself.

I'm sure the Shield is a fine pistol, it is after all an M&P, but in size and capacity it's closer to the CW9 than the PM9. It's also 3 or 4 ozs heavier than either.

Hello Dooger. I bought my first Kahr, a PM9 a few weeks ago. It felt a little tight out of the box, but after 600 rounds it doesn't feel like the same gun. It has loosened up and is soooo smooth. I really like this gun and I hope you do like yours.
    I encourage you to follow the prep and lube recommendations found in the tech section as suggested by Prowler.

This was a response to a post on the S&W forum. Nobody in the thread mentioned anything about the PM9 until this post popped up. The post and my response are below in italics.

Originally Posted by XXXXXXXXXXXX
    OP must be a Kahr PM9 owner. I can see why their panties are twisted. S&W came out with a better gun with a better trigger with an extra round capacity that is just slightly bigger for $250 less.

My Response -
    I happen to be a long time and extremely satisfied owner of a PM9. I also have a set of his and hers Shields. The Shield a better gun than the PM9? Subjective at best. Depends on who you ask. Answer is strictly opinion. Shield trigger bettter than the PM9 trigger? Again, subjective. Although it is indeed quite long, I personally prefer the smooth trigger of my PM9 to the gritty trigger of my Shield, which will be remedied by the addition of parts obtained from Apex Tactical as were the triggers of my 9C and 45C. One extra round capacity while just slightly bigger and for less money? No doubt. Both great pistols. Quality, reliability and performance. Although I have several to choose from, the PM9 has been my favorite carry pistol for many years. Will it be replaced by the Shield? Absolutely not. Will it have to move over to make room for the NKOTB? Absolutely. I welcome the addition.

I feel fortunate to be able to have both pistols in my collection. The Shield is indeed slightly larger. Fully loaded with Speer GDHP my PM9 weighs approximately 19 oz. while the Shield weighs approximately 24 oz.

And finally, welcome to the Kahr Forum Dooger. As stated in previous posts, I'm sure you'll love your PM9. It is indeed a top quality pistol and there is a wealth of knowledge and experience from a lot of the people in here.

"Will it have to move over to make room for the NKOTB? Absolutely. I welcome the addition."

WTH is a NKOTB?
    Very interesting...

I would guess "new kid on the block".