Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights

Thread: Traded my CM9...

Smile Traded my CM9...

For a PM9! Don't ask me why because that CM9 was flawless, but when I bought it I actually wanted a PM9 but couldn't find one at a decent price so I "settled" on the CM9 (not really settled because the CM is a fantastic gun, but I still wanted the PM). I was offered a very good price for my CM and with a trade in of a PF9 (good riddance) the difference was $75 for a NIB PM9 (PM9093NA) with factory night sights. I just finished the cleaning and lube. You would not believe how much cosmoline was in that gun. After cleaning it all off the slide and frame I used some compressed air to blow out the striker channel. The cosmoline just kept coming out. So I decided to take the slide down and clean out the striker channel and extractor channel. WOW. So glad I did. It was a grease pit in there. She is now reassembled and lubed. I am going to begin racking the slide till my arms go numb and will take it to the range tomorrow for a 200 round break in. I will take some pictures tonight and post those with a range report.
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Molon Labe

Good move! Congrats on a fine gun. I may do the same some time, just to have a little brother to my PM40, which is still my favorite. The CM9 is almost too plain for me after having a PM. But I carry it every day anyway.

ParabellumJ--You need to get a CZ75B. I got one a little over 2 months ago, spent a bunch of money on parts upgrades, and it is displacing my SIGs as my favorite range gun. I have put a little over 5k rounds through it since purchase, most using a Kadet 22 conversion slide, which is excellent.

Joe
    Kahr CM9 9mm, Kahr PM40 40cal, SIG x-Five All Round 9, SIG P226 9, 40, and 357Sig barrels/slides, SIG P239-9mm, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B Da/SA converted to SAO and Kadet 22 slide

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
    Good move! Congrats on a fine gun. I may do the same some time, just to have a little brother to my PM40, which is still my favorite. The CM9 is almost too plain for me after having a PM. But I carry it every day anyway.

ParabellumJ--You need to get a CZ75B. I got one a little over 2 months ago, spent a bunch of money on parts upgrades, and it is displacing my SIGs as my favorite range gun. I have put a little over 5k rounds through it since purchase, most using a Kadet 22 conversion slide, which is excellent.

Joe
    Don't I know it. But, right now my focus is on house hunting first. After I find a house and get settled I am buying my wife a XDm9 and myself a CZ 75B in Polished Stainless. Not bad house warming gifts if I do say so myself. After that a 1911 and maybe a K9 will be next.
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Molon Labe

Even though I wouldn't personally trade a cm in for a pm I am a full believer in not "settling". Doesn't matter if it's a gun, car, house etc etc etc. good move
    Glocks, Smiths, High Standards, a kimber, a Kahr and a pop that reloads for almost all of em!!!!

Reminds me, I'll go update my signature to add the CZ75B. Fine gun. Fine gun.
    Joe
    Kahr CM9 9mm, Kahr PM40 40cal, SIG x-Five All Round 9, SIG P226 9, 40, and 357Sig barrels/slides, SIG P239-9mm, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B Da/SA converted to SAO and Kadet 22 slide