Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield vs. PM9

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Shield vs. PM9

Just fondled the Shield and.....then I ordered the matte black PM9!!!

Should have it at the beginning of neXt week!!!

Got some good links for the break in and cleaning?
    Last edited by Dooger; 05-02-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Congrats Dooger and welcome to the forum. You can find info in the tech section of this site http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27 Look at the sticky for Kahr Lube Diagram and also Proper Prep of a New Kahr. You will love your PM9 awesome gun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    Congrats Dooger and welcome to the forum. You can find info in the tech section of this site http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27 Look at the sticky for Kahr Lube Diagram and also Proper Prep of a New Kahr. You will love your PM9 awesome gun!!
    Dooger

The Shield I have read doesn't require any prep and there are hundreds of posts of folks shooting the Shield with zero problems. I don't think we can compare the two guns. The Shield which I just purchased today is about the size of a Glock 26 only thinner. Smaller guns like the PM9 beats the Shield for pocket conceal but do to the size will never be as reliable as the Shield. Sorry you can't argue with the laws of physics.

I am sure you will enjoy your PM9 if you are looking for a good pocket gun.

Russ

Default sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Dooger

The Shield I have read doesn't require any prep and there are hundreds of posts of folks shooting the Shield with zero problems. I don't think we can compare the two guns. The Shield which I just purchased today is about the size of a Glock 26 only thinner. Smaller guns like the PM9 beats the Shield for pocket conceal but do to the size will never be as reliable as the Shield. Sorry you can't argue with the laws of physics.

I am sure you will enjoy your PM9 if you are looking for a good pocket gun.

Russ
    I ain't buying that "reliable" stuff. Kahrs are small they are extremely reliable. It's ok to defend the shiled if that is ones preference, it is a good gun, but bring along any shiled u want and lots of ammo and my worn ol PM9 with over 32K through it will stillbe there at the end, of the shoot, not saying ur shiled won't but ????? I have proven my PM9 with over 32K rounds out of it. It is not heresay. Indeed I can argue with the laws of physics I might not be right but I can argue. Humm comes to mind that smarter people than I have said a Bee cannot fly due to its small wings and massive weight--Humm. I think the bees proved that sh!t wrong. To many fokking levers on the left side. Just sayin.

enjoy ur shield, it is a good gun no doubt.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    I ain't buying that "reliable" stuff. Kahrs are small they are extremely reliable. It's ok to defend the shiled if that is ones preference, it is a good gun, but bring along any shiled u want and lots of ammo and my worn ol PM9 with over 32K through it will stillbe there at the end, of the shoot, not saying ur shiled won't but ????? I have proven my PM9 with over 32K rounds out of it. It is not heresay. Indeed I can argue with the laws of physics I might not be right but I can argue. Humm comes to mind that smarter people than I have said a Bee cannot fly due to its small wings and massive weight--Humm. I think the bees proved that sh!t wrong. Just sayin

enjoy ur shield, it is a good gun no doubt.
    Jocko

I am not intetested in starting an argument. This reminds me of the arguments I had as a boy with my neighbor friend over which was better Chevy or Ford. I use to remind him Ford stands for "found on road dead" and he would remind me that GMC stands for "garbage man's companion" well life experiences have a way of changing a persons views. As adults I own a Honda and my boyhood friend owns a Toyota.

You are one person and you are a skilled gunsmith and you are willing to put in the time to ensure your firearm is working properly. However for me I am not as devoted to learn the gunsmith trade. My background is numbers and I go with odds and if you look at the odds not just your experience but 100s of gun owners the odds right now will suggest the Shield is more reliable and that is why I drive a Honda and why I purchased a Shield. For me I want to turn the key and it will start without a lot of under the hood tinkering and the same goes for my CCW. Pull the trigger and it goes bang.

Russ

Default wow

Jocko

I am not intetested in starting an argument. This reminds me of the arguments I had as a boy with my neighbor friend over which was better Chevy or Ford. I use to remind him Ford stands for "found on road dead" and he would remind me that GMC stands for "garbage man's companion" well life experiences have a way of changing a persons views. As adults I own a Honda and my boyhood friend owns a Toyota.

You are one person and you are a skilled gunsmith and you are willing to put in the time to ensure your firearm is working properly. However for me I am not as devoted to learn the gunsmith trade. My background is numbers and I go with odds and if you look at the odds not just your experience but 100s of gun owners the odds right now will suggest the Shield is more reliable and that is why I drive a Honda and why I purchased a Shield. For me I want to turn the key and it will start without a lot of under the hood tinkering and the same goes for my CCW. Pull the trigger and it goes bang.

Russ

thats deep man, really deep. I'm wordless.

u seem to be the minority though "here" with your commernts. Wonder what the statistical odds of that is???Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Jocko

Russ
    Like Jocko, I don't buy that either. I'm certainly not a skilled gunsmith. I've never even attempted to take the grips of one of my 1911's, let along tear into the top end of a Kahr or any other semi for that matter. In the last five years, I have had seven kahrs and still have four. During that time I have had zero problems with any of the Kahrs, even during break in. I do know how to prep a new gun and do so with every pistol I buy. Unfortunately, that's not always enough. My STI had to go back to the factory for a new barrel and recoil assy and my Kimber would not feed properly with the factory supplied mag. Six or seven years ago, I had two Tauruses that even the factory couldn't get to work.

Secondly, the Shield hasn't been out long enough to establish any kind of track record. Obviously, the Kahrs have. Personally, I just not in the market for a pistol that's larger and heavier than what I already have, and although it may be a fine gun, hasn't yet proven itself.

BTW, sorry about the Honda.

Default indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    Just fondled the Shield and.....then I ordered the matte black PM9!!!

Should have it at the beginning of net week....l

Got some good links for the break in and cleaning?
    IMO a very wise decision.

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Wise decision indeed!
    Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
    C. S. Lewis

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I remember seeing a compact 9mm shoot out with 6 of the most popular guns.
    This was pre-shield, but included the Kimber Solo and Ruger LC9.
    The Kahr PM9 compared well in all categories and took overall honors.

It is one of best, if not the best, of the micro 9mm guns available today.

If I didn't already have an 11.1 oz 38 +P pocket pistol,
    I'd have a PM9/CM9 myself.