Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Shield vs. PM9

As long as we are on the "size matters topic", here is a compassion of my Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 on top of my PM9 with grip extension. The beaver tail being the primary length difference. The Kimber is thicker. Now, total weight is another topic.

"Never pet a burning dog"

In that YouTube review, the guy keeps saying things like

The Kahr and the Shield are the the exact same width... pretty much.

The Kahr is slightly lighter at 14oz vs the Shield at 19oz, but you really can't feel the difference in your hand. (as he holds them side by side)

The barrels are about the same length but the Kahr has a shorter overall length. But really they're very close.

And at the end after saying this whole time how they're basically the same size, even he admits that the Kahr is definately a better ccw gun because of it's smaller size and lighter weight. All those little differences add up in the end, don't they?

If you want a larger heavier gun, I'm sure Shield is a fine gun. I'm not sure why it's being compared to a Kahr P9...

Talking

Let's settle this once and for all. All of you know me and knowing me you know that I only buy the best. I bought the CM9. Nuff said.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Default thank u

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
    jocko, are you perpetually drunk? Just wonderin'. Your typing sometimes goes off the deep end! (I ask that question with a whole lotta love and respect for your knowledge/number of rounds you've put through your PM9! ).

Anyway, this Shield issue may or may not be a real issue. I'd be curious at the range if someone can put that gun into that not-quite-in-battery state and see if it fires when the trigger is pulled.

FYI, I've only ever had one "misfire" with my PM9. I was practicing with my Crimson Trace Grips, and help my PM9 down low, pretty near my chest. I got slammed in the chest with the slide, and it didn't allow the gun to go into battery correctly, so it just went "click," the next round.

BTW, a PM9 slide hurts when it hits you in the stomach! Ouch!

I agree with jocko, though. Those M&P recoil springs are so, so weak. One of the easiest guns I've ever racked (when I owned my M&P 9 Pro Series). Kahrs, on the other hand. My wife physically can't rack my PM9. I bet with a couple of # on the Shield's recoil spring strength this wouldn't happen, period.
    I normally only get compliments like that about once a day. ur da man. to ask ur questionof the wil lit fire out of battery thing??

I would say absolutey not. I have seen photos of the underside of the slide and it looks just like a kahr in damn near every detail. It has a striker block in the same place as the kahrs does, so this would tell me that if it is the slightest out of battery the cocking cann just cannot engage the striker block. Just sayin

PS: at this time the above was written 100% sober
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post

PS: at this time the above was written 100% sober
    Awww shoot! You took all the character out of your post.

not sober most of the time: Just saying , so ol jocko will be back.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

to much spare time on some people's hands!! Just sayin.

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I'm happy to see another small 9 come out. There is NO gun that is perfect for everyone so It's nice to have another contender. Which one is best? The one you have on you when you need it. As far as out of the box reliability goes, I'm not carrying any semi that doesn't have at least a couple hundred trouble free rounds down range, preferably 500. Even on revolvers, I want to have several cylinders thru it before I strap it on. And really, do people take Glocks out of the box and wear them without ANY break in? I have to believe they run at least a few mags to get the feel of the weapon before carrying it. If not I'd say they weren't too bright. IMO
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.