Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 shopping help

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Pretty sure I want to stick with 45.

Thanks for the vid. Short Trigger? Can you elaborate? Is that an option when you purchase a 1911, or something you change out after you get one?

Do you find a difference in the feel of different 1911 models in your hand. Is there one you particularly like?

Yes, AO and MR DE, both owned by Kahr. I've read good things about the Desert Eagle. Don't see much on the AO. Why is that? Also wondering about the Sig?? No MIM parts except the slide release lever, right? No one really talks much about them. Looks like a very nice pistol.

Also 5" vs. 4.2"?? Preferences. Is the 5" significantly more accurate?
    I have the MRI 1911G, the full size and it's a keeper. Very accurate, very nice gun. I went to the shorter 1911's and then found myself going back to full size, I just shoot them better. I mostly carry my Cbob 4 1/2".
    Most all the 1911's are going to feel the same in hand pretty much.

The short trigger referred to is relatively easily changed if needed. Most of the GI basic 1911's have the short. It's just how much of the trigger is exposed in the trigger guard. The short trigger is nearly up against the rear of the guard when pulled. I much prefer the long but if you want to stay GI looking, the short works just fine too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I much prefer the long but if you want to stay GI looking, the short works just fine too.
    I'm all about keeping it GI looking.

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Must be one of them Smart Carry rigs. Never seen one before. Looks like it has potential.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Tinman, I swear I almost pissed my pants.

Bawana, thanks for all your input. You've been extremely helpful. How do I give you rep points?
    I've lost my memory, and I can't remember where I put it.

I don't know what a rep point is.......if it's a good thing maybe just tell the boss not to fire me?

Did you see the Fathers Day 1911G thread. Another fine endorsement for the MRI.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman507 View Post
    I am still lusting after a Ruger SR1911, but the AO 1911A1 is really sexy in a minimalist kind of way. Just basic GI with no frills or doo dads. It speaks to me.
    I also wanted a Ruger SR1911, but they were impossible to find. I setteled on an American Classic II by Metroarms, sold by Bersa. It's one of the Philippine factories, but let me tell you, for $442 from Buds. It's a great gun. It has shot perfectly with over 200 rounds of a mixture of FMJ and HP defensive rounds. It has turned out to be a great purchase.

FWIW, The Marksman air pistol used in that photo has been around in one form or another since the 1950s. It seems even toy 1911s are long lived
    Regards,
    Greg

1950's? She doesn't look that old

NRA Life Member

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I don't know what a rep point is.......if it's a good thing maybe just tell the boss not to fire me?

Did you see the Fathers Day 1911G thread. Another fine endorsement for the MRI.
    Rep points are kinda like message board currency, but different. If you have none, you wish you had it, but can't get it, unless of course someone gives you some, or you earn it. Once you have it, you don't need it so much, people envy you, and no one wants to give you more. You can only give it if you have it, but don't have to have it to receive it. If you don't have any, no one cares, cause you can't give them any. KNOWHUTIMEAN?
    I've lost my memory, and I can't remember where I put it.

You mean it's like forum sex?

NRA Life Member