Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best bulk 9mm?

Question What's the best bulk 9mm?

How about a discussion on bulk ammo? Love it/hate it? what's the best and what's the worst?

bulk to me is 100 rounds at wal mart in WWb for a tad over 20 bucks, goes bang every time for me and is only 2 miles from my home..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

The last time that I was at a Walmart looking for ammo the cabinet was 100% empty, and even when there's ammo in it, Walmart doesn't staff enough "associates" so that you can't find the golden person carrying "the cabinet key" for that day.

If he or she is pinching a loaf, you either wait or go without ammo on that day.

It's a local reloader, or Freedom munitions for my ammo needs 90% of the time.

I buy a ton of WWB from walmart, as mentioned, the $20+ 100 round boxes of 115gr. Thats what I plink with. You can find that in bulk sometimes, sgammo for example, but I think they are out right now. They had it for either $19 or $20, I forget, so a few bucks cheaper in bulk.

But I have been bulk ordering some of the WWB 147gr flat nose to have some around that is close to my carry load. That's also a good idea, to have something cheap, close to your carry round.

In both cases WWB 115 and WWB 147, never had a single issue w/ any of it. Great stuff for the intended purpose.

The cheapest non-steel-cased ammo that works well in your pistol is the best... for you. Aggressive online shopping and signing up for email alerts from reputable merchants with competitive prices is the way to save on your ammo costs. You have to consider price, shipping and taxes in the total cost. Sometimes you can get bargain prices with free or discounted shipping and NO taxes... which is what I look for... and be prepared to leap on good deals and buy in bulk.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Just got some bulk at bulkammo.com for $21/100. My Walmart was empty.

My last three purchases since April 1st. Prices shown include shipping:

1K rounds of Aguila 230 gr .45 from SG Ammo - $315 (Never shot this stuff before. Got good reviews so thought I'd try it)
    1K rounds of PMC Bronze 115 gr 9MM from Palmetto State Armory - $224
    1K rounds of WWB 115 gr 9MM from SG Ammo - $216

My problem with WM was that none of my area stores seemed to ever have what I was looking for. Got tired of wasting my time and gas money. The ease and peace of mind I get from ordering online makes it worth a few extra bucks.

+1, mser. Looking for alerts from fellow members and sharing deals with them is a good way to find DEALS!

We recently had a bout of online address sharing for ammo deals here.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

i have the same problem at both walmarts near me, it seems like everyone knows when it gets there and are waiting to buy it off the truck

I have two homes, one in the suburban Detroit area and the Walmarts are usually sold out, and if they do have a little ammo, try finding the person with the key. It's a joke.

Then I have another home in a semi-rural setting in northern Michigan and this is the one I will usually frequent for ammo as they are usually well stocked until the last trip, but once again they are severely understaffed and the last 2 or 3 times I went there, I walked out empty handed, as I just could not get anyone to come and open up that cabinet.

My time is too valuable to be hanging around more then a few minutes when as a customer willing to spend money I have to search for an employee. Forget Walmart.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2