Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best bulk 9mm?

I live in suburban Detroit as well and that is exactly what shopping at WalFarts is like. Went yesterday and left with a whopping 2 boxes of Federal 115 gr. Don't know about the rest of the country, but Walfarts here get stock on Wednesdays. By Thursday the ammo is gone. As far as what is the best bulk, whatever you can find that is less than 25 cents a round that shoots reliably in your guns.
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Molon Labe

Bulk ammo???

Collect your brass, buy powder and primers locally and order 9mm plated bullets from Berry's (http://www.berrysmfg.com/products-c11-9mm_.356.aspx).

You'll be way more accurate by rolling your own with Berry's than with WWB or UMC from wallyworld.

i do not intend to be rude and am willing to say that i am rather inexperienced, but the owners manual specifically stated to avoid re-loads. is this actually necessary or do they say that to avoid liability for malfunctions due to improper re loads? again no disrespect intended

WWB from Wally's, or something like this:
    http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produc...e/9mm-fmj-ammo
    When ordering online, I just get a large order so shipping is less per round. All good, and goes bang every time.
    I've lost my memory, and I can't remember where I put it.

I look for sales on NATO ball. I bought a case a few weeks ago for $100. Prior to that I paid $107 per case. The NATO ammo comes in 10 box cases, 500 rounds, instead of 1000 round cases, so it's easier to buy in bulk, and on a budget, that some brands. I buy most of my ammo at gun shows or sometimes on-line if the shipping is reasonable.

I prefer to practice with this ammo as it's a bit hotter than WWB, Federal or Blazer ammo usually found at Walmart. I have to say though that my favorite Walmart brand is Blazer Brass. I'll buy it too when it's on sale, which is seldom these days.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Default here is my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by cjm2022 View Post
    i do not intend to be rude and am willing to say that i am rather inexperienced, but the owners manual specifically stated to avoid re-loads. is this actually necessary or do they say that to avoid liability for malfunctions due to improper re loads? again no disrespect intended
    stay away from others reloads,but not your reloads. :israel:

naturaly a gun maker will post a statement like that to Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by cjm2022 View Post
    No offense taken, partner. My general philosophy for shooting and for life, in general:
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    http://www.cato.org/publications/spe...erty-manifesto

Quote Originally Posted by mser View Post
    My last three purchases since April 1st. Prices shown include shipping:

1K rounds of Aguila 230 gr .45 from SG Ammo - $315 (Never shot this stuff before. Got good reviews so thought I'd try it)
    1K rounds of PMC Bronze 115 gr 9MM from Palmetto State Armory - $224
    1K rounds of WWB 115 gr 9MM from SG Ammo - $216

My problem with WM was that none of my area stores seemed to ever have what I was looking for. Got tired of wasting my time and gas money. The ease and peace of mind I get from ordering online makes it worth a few extra bucks.
    Very sage advice. Shopping locally drives me crazy, never have what I want anyway.
    Last edited by Yogi 117; 05-08-2012 at 09:23 AM.

www.luckygunner.com. I've bought thousands of rounds from them and found their prices reasonable. Shipping is very fast as well.

D.

Default DRS Anyone?

Has anyone ever tried the DRS "remanufactured" ammo sold on ammunitiontogo.com? After seeing this thread and going to their website, I ordered 500 rounds of 9mm for $97.95. It has a couple of good reviews. Figured for that price, I'd give it a try.

I can get Blazer brass in Paducah about 60 miles from my house for around $11/box. Not worth the drive if that's the only reason I'm going. In the nearest town to me, Murray, KY, there are a couple of gun stores that don't have much of a selection and, of course, Wal Mart, which has the usual aforementioned hassles trying to buy ammo.

The DRS stuff, according to ammunitiontogo.com is sold in bags and I happen to have saved a cabinet full of empty cartridge boxes in the mancave. I'll just put some tape across them ID'ing them as something other than the label and they'll have their own little shelf in the gun closet/ammo dump.