Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Something goes bump in the night. What do you grab first?

Well the BG should have thought of that before he broke into his house. "Mr BG, I have a gun, shovel, and a map to the high desert, f*** you."

My go to bump in the night gun is a Glock 19 with a Streamlight light/laser combo, with a Mossberg 500 available if need be.

Big ol' mean junkyard type mutt, German Shepard, Beretta 70, Rem 870 Police Magnum with #4 buckshot and 3 D cell maglight in the bedroom. SA 1911, Browning Buckmark, K40, Marlin .30-30, Heritage .22lr scattered throughout the house. May end up putting the K40 on my side of the bed and loading up another firearm to take its place in the house.

I guess I could load up all of my firearms but then my gun cabinets would be empty...lol

Quote Originally Posted by PYROhafe View Post
    wow really.... am I the only one that keeps my Kahr next to my side of the bed?
    On my side, kahr cm9, spare mag, flash light, and cell phone. On gfs side "our" p6 and spare mag. I guess technically the gamemaster .308 sits behind the headboard in storage but if things get real crazy one night.... who knows!

(Thats the whole collection, so options for night time use are limited)
    I choose the Glock over the Kahr for home solely on capacity, nothing else. The Kahr tends to get out of the house more though.
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Molon Labe

When I go to bed, my PM9 & cell phone go on the nightstand where my Surefire flashlite is. When I get up in the mornin', the cell & PM9 go on my belt. It's just part of gettin' dressed.

HK USP 40 with night sights and loaded with 15 rounds of Ranger Bonded 180 gr HP's, cocked and locked, of course. There's another magazine with 14 rounds of the same ammo next to the pistol.

On my side of the bed I have my Sig 226, spare mag, flashlight, and cell phone, and on the floor under the bedside table I have the Kahr pm9 with a spare mag.
    On my Husbands side he rotates his bedside handgun and always has a moss burg 500.

Since it's just the two of us in the house we keep the bedroom door open and just above the door (outside of the bedroom) pointing down the hall we have a very bright motion detector light. We like it when our TARGET is lit up like a Christmas tree.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    Since it's just the two of us in the house we keep the bedroom door open and just above the door (outside of the bedroom) pointing down the hall we have a very bright motion detector light. We like it when our TARGET is lit up like a Christmas tree.
    That's a good idea. Never thought of one IN the house like that.

I keep the days carry gun, a good led flashlight, my two reloads, and a pair of cell phones (one for land line like use only). My wife has her CW45, and a reload. Then I get into my closet which is actually closer to the wife's side of the bed. If I'm still shooting when I get to that, standby, the unloading process will take some time. If they are still there when I need to start reloading magazines, my ass is running, and fast, even though I have the ability to load magazines several more times. I keep all my pistols loaded, and the majority of my long guns right now. When I decide not to keep the long guns loaded again, I'll still have the pump shotgun loaded, and the pistols.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

I have an AR "firearm" in a bracket. Essentially a pistol length AR (taking advantage of the ATFs various rulings on buffer tube wraps, etc. to make it more comfortable to shoot). Mags are loaded with V-Max tipped ammo. Pistol ready to hand off to the Mrs. if need be. Either my carry Kahr or a Glock.
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

Glock 19 with night sights, LED flashlight, cell phone, kershaw knife, AND GLASSES so I can see the focker
    I've lost my memory, and I can't remember where I put it.