• Get the two guns, you'll be happier

8 30.77%
  • Forget the P380 and get a nice 1911

18 69.23%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1. Two guns are always better than one

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

There's something to be said for "shoot what you carry and carry what you shoot", and I think that is especially true for Kahrs, Glocks, Rugers, and 1911's. Each have distinctly different trigger feels. I bought the Kahr 380 as a backup over the Ruger for the simple reason the trigger feel is much closer to my normal K40 carry. Not that the LCP is not a decent little pocket pistol, it is indeed. But the trigger is different, and mixing them in carry applications just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
    NRA - Member
    GOA - Member
    K40 Steel Frame x3,
    P380,
    T40- SSP
    S&W 10-8 - SSR
    96F
    "Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight..."

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi 117 View Post
    There ya go Deano. Just takes a bit of time to get used to. And pretty soon, you'll feel funny without it! Enjoy that 1911, whichever one you decide on.

BTW, I just cast my VOTE for getting the 1911 only.
    I know your motivation all too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrdriver64 View Post
    There's something to be said for "shoot what you carry and carry what you shoot", and I think that is especially true for Kahrs, Glocks, Rugers, and 1911's. Each have distinctly different trigger feels. I bought the Kahr 380 as a backup over the Ruger for the simple reason the trigger feel is much closer to my normal K40 carry. Not that the LCP is not a decent little pocket pistol, it is indeed. But the trigger is different, and mixing them in carry applications just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
    Good point about the trigger. The LCP trigger is long and not what I would call smooth.

So far it's 14-8 in favor of 1911 only. I'm still processing data, and there have been some extremely thoughtful responses on both sides of this fence I'm sitting on.

Something about the American classic II that speaks to me. MILSPEC, all chrome available, dovetailed sights, very good reviews, and great entry price that leaves cash for other things. Might be a good way to test out the 1911 waters without spending an arm and a leg. I'm close to hitting the "buy now" button.
    I've lost my memory, and I can't remember where I put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I know your motivation all too well.
    Motivation? I just love helping you spend YOUR $$$$$!

I had to decide 938 sig or Kimber 1911
    Kimber won.