CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Done Waiting For An SR-1911!

CJB not sure If I ever told u that but my hat is off to u as a NRA endowment member. Honor to have u on the forum; Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I use the thin metal base on the Wilosn mag in the gun and the two spares I have the thicker rubber bumper on for a positive reload.
    The metal is a little heavier, but much thinner. Aids in getting the first mag out and slightly less obtrusive.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Last fall/early winter, my LGS finally got one in. They had not had one since they came out the spring before, and they stuck it back for me as my brother-in-law had me looking for one after all the great reviews and build quality praise. I bought it and was paid back by my sis-in-law for his Christmas, but I got to babysit it at the house until Christmas. It was hard not to break it in for him, lol. That things was a wonderful feeling gun. They have not had one since.

Illusive, but sweet:

BTW, that gun shop tells me they have less problems out of the Rock River Arms 1911's than any other 1911-style pistol they sell, including Kimbers and S&W.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”
    “To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    --George Mason

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Got that DC?

Quote Originally Posted by les strat View Post
    ...BTW, that gun shop tells me they have less problems out of the Rock River Arms 1911's than any other 1911-style pistol they sell, including Kimbers and S&W.
    That's probably because they (RRA) haven't made any in a while, or perhaps, the shop meant Rock Island Armory.
    Regards,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    That's probably because they (RRA) haven't made any in a while, or perhaps, the shop meant Rock Island Armory.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Oops. More like I meant Rock Island Armory. Rocks, Islands, Rivers. LOL.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”
    “To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    --George Mason

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Got that DC?

Last summer I happened to be in a LGS when three SR1911's came in.

I had just asked if they ever got one of the SR1911's and he said they just came in! I quickly bought one and it was perfect. I think some of the earlier ones before they tried to meet the high demand were made and fitted more carefully.

Mine is flawless and is also tight, accurate and reliable. No failures straight out of the box or since. Excellent trigger too.

Quote Originally Posted by Markis82 View Post
    But Ruger also said that they opened another line and they are working around the clock to build SR-1911s. That means they are currently scheduled to build them.
    Then thats a good thing. They see enough interest in the product to INVEST in additional production capability to meet specific market demands.

Ruger is a for profit company, and if they see orders to the point that they must cut them off, and decide to invest to "help ease market supply" (read that - MAKE MORE MONEY), its a good thing. Ruger would not make the investment unless they saw a forecast of a return on that investment.

Could be Ruger is also considering.... (ahem).... well the choice is clear. The market demand is not for full size 1911's.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    CJB not sure If I ever told u that but my hat is off to u as a NRA endowment member. Honor to have u on the forum; Just sayin
    No, Jocko... I'm humbled just to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    Then thats a good thing. They see enough interest in the product to INVEST in additional production capability to meet specific market demands.

Ruger is a for profit company, and if they see orders to the point that they must cut them off, and decide to invest to "help ease market supply" (read that - MAKE MORE MONEY), its a good thing. Ruger would not make the investment unless they saw a forecast of a return on that investment.

Could be Ruger is also considering.... (ahem).... well the choice is clear. The market demand is not for full size 1911's.
    I don't know... For a company who is saying that they cannot produce enough product to keep up with demand, the constant introduction of new models which slows production of their current backlog, makes no sense to me, as a consumer. To the bean counter I'm sure it makes lots of sense. However, I couldn't care less about the bean counters. So, I still stand behind my origional statements.
    Notables:
    Kimber Custom II 1911 .45 ACP ("How sweet it is")
    Kahr CM9 9mm - Trijicon night sights, Wolff 5# striker spring
    Glock 19 Gen 3 9mm - Meprolight night sights, BTGuiderod stainless steel captured guide rod, Ghost Ranger trigger connector, Vickers mag release
    Taurus 85 Stainless Steel .38 Special
    1977 Smith & Wesson 19-4 2.5" .357 Magnum - Wolff springs, Professional trigger job
    1955 Hi-Standard Sentinel R-100 .22lr
    1958 Marlin Golden 39-A Mountie .22lr
    Norinco SKS 7.62x39

I do know first hand that reading post that are usually over my head are much more enjoyable when I'm fondling my SR1911. I hope Ruger and everyone in between made some money on it.

I know at least one step in the chain took a little beating but I'll figure out a solution for that some day.

Business is to make money not friends, good business's do both and I think Ruger is doing very well in both arena's.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."