Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W Shield At 25 Yards

Default S&W Shield At 25 Yards

I had a delightful day at the range. I have now shot 208 rounds with zero issues in two range sessions.

The magazines are seating much easier the second range trip.

As usual I was able to blast the black of the target at 7 yards.

For fun I thought I would try shooting an 8 1/2" x 11" target at 25 yards using the extended magazine with 9 rounds and just my two hands for support.

As you can see 8/9 hit the target and three blasted the black with one bulls eye.

I couldn't be more pleased with my Shield. She is a keeper for life.

Russ

Shield At 25 Yards.jpg

As my final Shield-Related post on this forum, I am notifying all Kahr "friends" that I will be selling my CM9s and purchasing the ultra reliable, super shooting, perfect fitting, can't-be-beat-by-any-other-gun S&W Shield. All fellow Shield lovers should run from this Kahr-oriented site and join me at the MP-Pistol forum where we can all get in a forum circle and start racking our Shields together. YES...there is a site dedicated to the M&P, including the Shield. It has Big Foots and Unicorns that we can gaze at as we hug.

Let's leave all these sorry Kahr lovers to wallow in their inadequecies and failures, while they count their FTFs and FTEs. They will never know and love their guns like we do. C'mon...let's go...RIGHT NOW!

Viva La Shield!

Default Now I can focus on a lawn mower

Quote Originally Posted by itsthelaw View Post
    As my final Shield-Related post on this forum, I am notifying all Kahr "friends" that I will be selling my CM9s and purchasing the ultra reliable, super shooting, perfect fitting, can't-be-beat-by-any-other-gun S&W Shield. All fellow Shield lovers should run from this Kahr-oriented site and join me at the MP-Pistol forum where we can all get in a forum circle and start racking our Shields together. YES...there is a site dedicated to the M&P, including the Shield. It has Big Foots and Unicorns that we can gaze at as we hug.

Let's leave all these sorry Kahr lovers to wallow in their inadequecies and failures, while they count their FTFs and FTEs. They will never know and love their guns like we do. C'mon...let's go...RIGHT NOW!

Viva La Shield!
    Itsthelaw

I thought of Mel Gibson in Brave Heart as I read your moving call to action.

What I like most about my Shield is it doesn't consume my life thinking about FTEs and FTFs. It is liberating to hit the range pound out a couple boxes laugh and joke with friends and not really think too much about the gun. It's like my Honda. Turn the key start drive stop turn off repeat. In a fast paced busy world its great I can now check off my to do list purchase reliable CCW. Now I can focus on buying a reliable lawn mower.

Russ

Default when are u going???

Quote Originally Posted by itsthelaw View Post

Viva La Shield!
    can't wait, Viva la Shield

ur so lucky I don't have the magic button
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

glad you found a gun to make you happy... hopefully you didn't pay out the ying yang for it like other's ive read about. I'll wait for them to get them in the leo section for about 320 otd.
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    can't wait, Viva la Shield

ur so lucky I don't have the magic button
    I suspect Itsthelaw's post was made tongue-in-cheek as kind of a Kahrtalk Pied Piper.
    Regards,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by bonjorno2 View Post
    glad you found a gun to make you happy... hopefully you didn't pay out the ying yang for it like other's ive read about. I'll wait for them to get them in the leo section for about 320 otd.
    Bonjorno

Purchased CM9 May 2011 $399 +$120 Kahr installed night sights

August 2011 after third trip back for repairs Kahr cut me a check in full for gun and night sights.

November 2011 Purchased Beretta Nano Cabelas $429 shot 1334 rounds 11 FTE and one trip back to Beretta

May 2012 Cabelas trades straight across Beretta Nano for Shield.

Yes the last year has been frustrating finding a CCW that goes bang when you pull the trigger but at least I know how to negotiate.

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I suspect Itsthelaw's post was made tongue-in-cheek as kind of a Kahrtalk Pied Piper.
    Regards,
    Greg

GB....Ssshhhhhhhhhhhh! I will take the rats and leave the children. Are they following me?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Bonjorno

Purchased CM9 May 2011 $399 +$120 Kahr installed night sights

August 2011 after third trip back for repairs Kahr cut me a check in full for gun and night sights....

Russ
    Russ,
    Were those repairs strictly related to the night sight installation (I seem to remember that) or was there something else involved?
    Regards,
    Greg

I don't know... Personally, never had one FTF, FTE, or any issues what so ever with my CM9. I have well over 1000 rounds through it and not one hiccup. I find it funny how one can Nano this and Nano that and how great the Nano is. Then, Mr Namo turns into Mr Shield.
    Notables:
    Kimber Custom II 1911 .45 ACP ("How sweet it is")
    Kahr CM9 9mm - Trijicon night sights, Wolff 5# striker spring
    Glock 19 Gen 3 9mm - Meprolight night sights, BTGuiderod stainless steel captured guide rod, Ghost Ranger trigger connector, Vickers mag release
    Taurus 85 Stainless Steel .38 Special
    1977 Smith & Wesson 19-4 2.5" .357 Magnum - Wolff springs, Professional trigger job
    1955 Hi-Standard Sentinel R-100 .22lr
    1958 Marlin Golden 39-A Mountie .22lr
    Norinco SKS 7.62x39