Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What Kind of PD Accuracy Do You Accept?

Jocko your code brown is either that, or 10-200.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

I just cannot answer that question myself. Though I have thought and am currently thinking about it. It will ultimately come down to the time and place of circumstances. Just too broad of a question. To be honest there would most likely would not be a right or wrong answer. Which ever one you make could haunt you for the rest of your life.
    I do believe if we shoot to save a life and not to take a life we or I can always live with what I have done.

Good question though has me thinking. I may pass this along to someone who could give a better answer to me. If so I will pass it along.

I can't take credit for it, was brought up on TTAG the other day and there are some that are much more eloquent than I am with it. There are also some that missed their calling and should have been bottom feeders (trying to say that the way it is written lends credence to various arguments about how solid the rule is). All I was trying to accomplish is a discussion, and I think we are headed that way. I am interested in the thoughts of our crowd on it. I agree also with what you said about shooting to save life. The issue becomes even more muddy for me as I complete the police academy, and think about things like that traffic stop that turned sour, and reconciling that with what I was taught as a Marine, and as a CHL holder. You are also correct, a very tangled web.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Default IO have

Quote Originally Posted by jlottmc View Post
    Jocko your code brown is either that, or 10-200.
    no clue as to the codes as u well know. but code Brown makes alot of sense
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

The problem is: it's real hard to practice live fire scenarios without someone getting hurt. Man, if we could do this the shooter could learn how to control himself during a shoot out. Maybe all CCL holders should take a Navy Seal course...man that be bad ass, if it didn't kill you first!

I agree with Mudcats' IDPA classifier as a way to gauge your abilities; my standard practice routine is at the classifier distances of 57ft. and 30ft., instead of 21ft., w/my CM9 EDC/BUG DIV. gun.

57ft. freestyle from low ready,controlled pairs,goal is down zero/-1 all shots on IDPA target.

30ft. low ready, strong hand and weak hand only, controlled pairs, goal is down zero strong,down zero/-1 weak hand.

30ft. low ready, head shots only,freestyle, controlled pairs, goal is down zero.

30ft. low ready, mozambique,(two to body, one to head) freestyle, goal is down zero; I count any head shots below the bottom head perf as mikes.
    all drills w/shot timer with off hand at side until presentation. down zero is 8" body,6" head.
    I judge myself on the strong/weak hand stages.

your target shows you can hold a head size target consistantly

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER