Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A .22 1911

I use a "Kimber" 22 cal conversion upper. It works on most 1911 lowers as long as you have a full size lower. Works on both 4" and 5" model 45 ACP frames. It utilizes a full 5" barrel with adjustable target sites and shoots very well, however you will need to use high velocity 22 LR ammo. Mine likes CCI Minnie Mags, and or Remington Yellow Jackets otherwise you won't have enough recoil energy to work the slide.

This gun interests me: the Taurus 845 with 22lr conversion kit. It is a really nice 45 with good ergos, comes with two 12 round mags and the 22 conversion kit (slide, barrel, recoil spring and mag). Lifetime warranty. And it can be purchased for a little over $400.

Very interesting...

flieger67...I wondered about the lifetime warranty on the Sig too since the Mosquito is 1 year...I called their customer service and they confirmed the warranty and it's also in their Owner's manual.

jFootin...I looked into that Taurus (actually the PT 809 conversion) and everything I found was that it never really happened (looked like Taurus discontinued the conversion kit?). I also don't see it in their 2012 catalog...sorry

I have wanted a .22 in a 1911 for quite a while now, but haven't found one that seems right. If you want a nice .22 pistol, I'd suggest a BuckMark. I like mine a lot.

Some people like the Ruger 22/45 because it is "like" a 1911. I don't have one, but they are hard to take down and reassemble.

The Browning 1911-22 is very attractive, but hard to find at the moment, and is not full size. I believe Greg has one and perhaps can comment.

Kimber has some really nice ones, but they are $$$$. And they, like some others, don't lock open after the last round has been fired, which I don't care for.

I recommend a BuckMark, even if not a 1911.
    "Measure twice, cut once. Think twice, speak once."

Quote Originally Posted by SkeletonSlinky View Post
    jFootin...I looked into that Taurus (actually the PT 809 conversion) and everything I found was that it never really happened (looked like Taurus discontinued the conversion kit?). I also don't see it in their 2012 catalog...sorry
    It used to be sold seperately, but no more. And you're right, the 9 and 40 versions have been discontinued. But the Model 84522 is still shown as available on their website.
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by SkeletonSlinky View Post
    flieger67...I wondered about the lifetime warranty on the Sig too since the Mosquito is 1 year...I called their customer service and they confirmed the warranty and it's also in their Owner's manual.
    Good to know and thanks for posting, SkeletonSlinky.

Interesting that Sig will give a lifetime warranty to the GSG/Sig 1911 .22 but not the Mosquito. That must say something about Sig's view of the Mosquito.

FWIW - I have an Advantage Arms Target model conversion kit for my 1911 and it works flawlessly. Like to have the same gun and same trigger action for both 45 and the 22.

Held a Sig and Colt 1911 22 on Friday and of the two, I liked the Colt better. But that's just me. Have read some good things about the GSG. Did fire a Chiapa and the trigger was horrendous.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

I don't like the fixed barrel on the Chiappa. My GSG is flawless...

Quote Originally Posted by cohoskip View Post
    I don't like the fixed barrel on the Chiappa
    Why not?
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.