CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights

Thread: New MK40 report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New MK40 report

I took my new MK40 up to my hunting land this weekend to break it in. I fired over 200 rounds of mixed FMJ, HP, 180 and 165 grain. Everything fed and fired without a single failure.

I did have one problem, my shots gradually started hitting more and more towards the right. Looking at the gun I realized that the rear sight had drifted so far to the right that it stuck out of the dovetail on the right side.

I tried to push it back with finger pressure but it was tighter than that. A little tap with a wood dowel shoved it back where it belonged but after a few shots it drifted right again.

I'm sure I could fix it with a drop of locktite but I sent an email to Kahr asking if they could send me a new rear sight. I think they took off a little too much metal when they fitted the sight at the factory.

I've fitted a lot of sights in dovetails over the years and I don't want to send the slide or gun back to Kahr for such a minor issue when I can easily do it myself.

I think I would go with the locktite, get the new sight and just store it back. and maybe just a slight tap with a punch on one of the dovetais will tighten it up to: Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

This morning when I checked my email I already had a response from Jay at Kahr. They are sending me a new rear sight. That was the quickest response I've ever had from any company, ever! I'm impressed!

I do plan to fit the new sight rather than using locktite or raising a dimple with a punch. I want it set up like it's supposed to be when new.