CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what do i give up when i get my ccw?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    You can have either a temper or a gun. You may not have both at the same time.
    +1; well said

I have been a police officer(Sgt) in Va. For 35 years. In order to use deadly force justifiably 3 criteria must be met.
    1-you must be in fear of death or grave bodily harm(or someone around you).
    2-the attack must be immediate and unavoidable.
    3-the attacker must have the means to carry out the threat.

As for carrying concealed. You get an application from the clerk of the court of you jurisdiction. You must have completed a handgun safety course or have prior training like the military or hunting safety course. Once the app is returned the state has 45 days to approve it or the actual application becomes your permit until the approval comes, so make a photocopy.
    You can carry in any establishment that serves alcohol as long as you don't drink. You can carry in a house of worship "with good cause". You cannot carry on federal property unless it's on the approved list. No airport property, no courts, no post office. Remember, some airports like Dulles have private access roads. They are considered federal property.
    If you carry concealed properly and discretely no one will no you are carrying. The gun is your weapon of last resort. It is the final option.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT405 View Post
    I have been a police officer(Sgt) in Va. For 35 years. In order to use deadly force justifiably 3 criteria must be met.
    1-you must be in fear of death or grave bodily harm(or someone around you).
    2-the attack must be immediate and unavoidable.
    3-the attacker must have the means to carry out the threat.

As for carrying concealed. You get an application from the clerk of the court of you jurisdiction. You must have completed a handgun safety course or have prior training like the military or hunting safety course. Once the app is returned the state has 45 days to approve it or the actual application becomes your permit until the approval comes, so make a photocopy.
    You can carry in any establishment that serves alcohol as long as you don't drink. You can carry in a house of worship "with good cause". You cannot carry on federal property unless it's on the approved list. No airport property, no courts, no post office. Remember, some airports like Dulles have private access roads. They are considered federal property.
    If you carry concealed properly and discretely no one will no you are carrying. The gun is your weapon of last resort. It is the final option.
    Good luck.

perfect advice!

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

I always thought the greatest thing given up when carrying a weapon was fear....

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    I always thought the greatest thing given up when carrying a weapon was fear....
    That can be a two edged sword. Fear is healthy. It keeps us away from situations that are dangerous. Fear is a survival instinct, use it to your advantage. Controlling it is the key.