Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: Kahr PM and CM Series Positive Feedback - Post Yours!

I've owned a P9, PM40, PM9, and a CW9 - PM40 required a bit of TLC to run, but all the others ran like a top. PM9 has been getting carried and shot for close to a decade. Mine had the black diamond finish, which apparently is invincible.

With the current situation and the all the stay at home/work from home orders and the boredom that comes with it I figured I'd add to this old thread.
    I bought my PM9 almost exactly 9 years ago. In the first 100 rounds I had some premature slide locks. Based on advice from others I did some kind of simple magazine tweak. I can't remember exactly what it was but it solved the problem and I've had no other malfunctions of any kind since then. I don't shoot it much - only a little over 800 rounds total - but I do carry it often and think it's the best 9mm pistol in its size category. I use either a Garrett Silent Thunder IWB holster or a Remora. Before I bought the PM9 I had a Rohrbaugh R9. I really wanted to like that gun but it had constant malfunctions. And I mean constant. After two trips back to the manufacturer with no improvements I got rid of it and bought the PM9. Couldn't be more pleased with that decision.

I have had my CM9 since they came out back in I think 2012. More than 1000 rounds through it over the years and I had exactly 1 FTF in the first mag or so and it’s been 100% ever since. Perfect pocket pistol.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Bought my CM9 new about 5 years ago. Cycled slide 200 times, cleaned, and lubed. I have atleast 1000 rounds through it. Not a single malfunction (except when I installed the recoil spring backwards). Trust it with my life everyday. The absolute best value in concealed carry hardware.

Bought my CM9 about a month ago from Mr. Gundealer. Cost about $280. Added handleitgrips and arachnigrip for traction. Took it to the range to break it in and fell in love. Over 500 rounds through it now and no problems at all. Very accurate and very little recoil. It's my pocket carry pistol now, using a holster from pocketholsters. Actually, it's about the only pistol I shoot from my collection. I just can't get enough!

I love my CM9. Had it for two years-NO problems.
    "No Matter Where You Go----There You Are !!"

Shelter-in-place has given me time to begin checking off low-priority chores. Last night I installed a rubber-black Talon PM9 wrap - first experience. I didn't know it'd shrink-to-fit, and I'm glad I didn't submit to the temptation to trim it down a bit before hitting it with heat. Sure wish the range was open so I could try it out. Feels great; pondering whether to switch out all the Hogue hand-all Jrs.

Thought I'd add to this old thread. Bought my PM9 used over a decade ago. Don't think it had been shot much when I bought it. In truth, I don't shoot it much either, though it is an occasional carry gun for me. Have never had any kind of malfunction with it. I shoot my handloads in it, most of which are pretty light as my handloads are for IDPA or USPSA competition where the reduced recoil of lighter loads is a competitive advantage. However, when trying out a different powder and bullet combination sometimes the new batch runs on the hot side, at least a +P. If the new load is chronographing hot, I'll run only about 5 through the PM9, so I'll have a measure of how the short barrel performs. I'll burn up the rest of a hot batch as practice loads through a longer barrel, heavier pistol. Again, PM9 has never missed a beat. I'll add that more than one guy that has tried dry firing the PM9 has remarked on how smooth the trigger is. Great little pistol.

This site was new, but everyone had and was talking about the PM9. In January 2010 I went to a gun show and saw a black PM9 with night sights on a table... a consignment from some LE-type leaving the area and going where he couldn't carry it off-duty. The sky had opened up and a bright beam of light had shown down on it like a scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark! It was like a religious experience and another guy was looking at it. All I could think about was let me get this! The other person moved away a bit and I picked it up. It was like new and just beautiful. Of course I snapped it up. I had to buy a box of FMJ so that I would be armed as I left the show.

I had been in such a hurry to take some large electronics to a close recycling collection site, forgetting my EDC! Then I had rushed to the gun show. I left the show cradling that PM9 and the box of ammo until I got to the car, where I loaded it for the first time.
    It was a great pistol, but many years later, I switched to the P-sized pistols... even swapping the problematic PM45 for a new P45 after 6 visits over about 5 years to Kahr.

Now I wear the P380 the most... my at-home EDC and mac-concealment carry, but my regular EDC is my P40 with the Kahr 4" ported barrel.
    I don't "collect" guns, and if I don't see a future use of something, sell it. I still have my 4-pistol stable of Kahrs... P380, P9, P40, and P45... the last 3 all DLC. I waited 11 months for the night-sighted P380 and couldn't see waiting longer for the DLC version!

The PM9 was my first polymer pistol and I prefer them now. My first Kahr was a stainless K9 bought new in March 1998. I had it long enough to have Trijicon replace the failing night sights, but I decided my P9 was a better carry for 9mm, as it was 8 ounces lighter that the steel one... a big difference for my Florida shorts and year-around Summer wear!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

love mine, both CM9's run fantastic. I get to shoot a lot of different guns at my club. We try out a lot of new models etc. We chip in and put in a 1,000 rds. When we tested the new Sig 365 for example (5of us testing the gun) I went out and bought another micro 9mm. Guess which one? Yep, bought another CM9. The Kahr is a class act.