Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahr PM and CM Series Positive Feedback - Post Yours!

I have now run about 600 rounds thru my CM9 in two months, both FMJ and self defense ammo. I have had zero hiccups. Like so many others in this forum, I have owned several pocket guns in 9mm and .45. This is by far the most accurate and lowest recoil pocket gun I have ever shot let alone owned. I cc this gun everyday in a Desantis Nemesis holster. What a great combo! If I could convince my wife to carry everyday I would run out and get her a CT9 tomorrow. My only regret is that I didn't get a Kahr a longtime ago.

Default What Issues?

Brand new CM9 brand new to KahrTalk...hello!

I debated for months about which conceal carry sub-compact to buy, and I finally settled on a CM9...Glad I did.

I did not post any photo because I felt everybody has seen enough "bone stock" CM9's already

I had read many stories about some issues with reliability when the pistol are brand new. I read all the lubing and fluff and buff threads I could stand, and decided I would try to de-bunk this opinion that new CM9's need to be broken in to function reliably. Translated, this means I was too excited and, more correctly, too LAZY to clean, fluff and buff the gun before firing for the first time.

So, I decided to head strait from my FFL to the range, with as many miscellaneous 9mm rounds as I could scrape out of the bottom of my reject ammo locker. I'm a target shooter by day, and work up new loads for those pistols. Whatever is rejected for these guns, ends up in the bottom of the ammo locker.

At 50ft, I ran 124rds down range as fast as I could load the one magazine included with the pistol. 4 different bullets: XTP's, lead truncated cones, LRNFP, and LSWC's...yes. I did say... SEMI-WADCUTTERS!!! These cartridges were loaded with 3 different powders, ranging from 900fps to 1100fps, through the new CM9..................................

NOT ONE SINGLE HICCUP!!!!!

no FTF's.... no FTE's, ...no jams,...no stovepipes,...no light strikes,... no stopping to smell the flowers,................FLAWLESS!

Maybe Kahr has been following these forums and decided to address the break-in issues because, I haven't got a single complaint.

I went home after firing the 124rds, installed my carpal-tunnel wrist brace, sat down at my computer and ordered some TALON grip tape and the Pearce magazine extensions. These items, I've decided, are an absolute must for this little bronco.

Well there you have it. My first, and un-regrettable experience with Kahr Arms. I'm going to load up another 200rds of whatever projectile I can find in my reloading room. I'm then going to head for the range in order to complete the recommended 300rd break in. This time, I'm going to put the gun on the bench, place the 200 cartridges next to it, and tell all my range buddies to "have at it".
    Last edited by agentr; 10-04-2014 at 09:41 AM. Reason: punctuation, syntax

Quote Originally Posted by agentr View Post
    Brand new CM9 brand new to KahrTalk...hello!

I debated for months about which conceal carry sub-compact to buy, and I finally settled on a CM9...Glad I did.

I did not post any photo because I felt everybody has seen enough "bone stock" CM9's already

I had read many stories about some issues with reliability when the pistol are brand new. I read all the lubing and fluff and buff threads I could stand, and decided I would try to de-bunk this opinion that new CM9's need to be broken in to function reliably. Translated, this means I was too excited and, more correctly, too LAZY to clean, fluff and buff the gun before firing for the first time.

So, I decided to head strait from my FFL to the range, with as many miscellaneous 9mm rounds as I could scrape out of the bottom of my reject ammo locker. I'm a target shooter by day, and work up new loads for those pistols. Whatever is rejected for these guns, ends up in the bottom of the ammo locker.

At 50ft, I ran 124rds down range as fast as I could load the one magazine included with the pistol. 4 different bullets: XTP's, lead truncated cones, LRNFP, and LSWC's...yes. I did say... SEMI-WADCUTTERS!!! These cartridges were loaded with 3 different powders, ranging from 900fps to 1100fps, through the new CM9..................................

NOT ONE SINGLE HICCUP!!!!!

no FTF's.... no FTE's, ...no jams,...no stovepipes,...no light strikes,... no stopping to smell the flowers,................FLAWLESS!

Maybe Kahr has been following these forums and decided to address the break-in issues because, I haven't got a single complaint.

I went home after firing the 124rds, installed my carpal-tunnel wrist brace, sat down at my computer and ordered some TALON grip tape and the Pearce magazine extensions. These items, I've decided, are an absolute must for this little bronco.

Well there you have it. My first, and un-regrettable experience with Kahr Arms. I'm going to load up another 200rds of whatever projectile I can find in my reloading room. I'm then going to head for the range in order to complete the recommended 300rd break in. This time, I'm going to put the gun on the bench, place the 200 cartridges next to it, and tell all my range buddies to "have at it".
    Right on!
    *Kahr CM9
    *Glock 19

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.” – Jefferson

Took my CM9 and a friends cw380 to the range yesterday and they both again ran perfect!

Yesterday I put another 150 flawless rounds through my CM9. I'm now up to 1100 rounds with no malfunctions. Love this firearm.

*Kahr CM9
    *Glock 19

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.” – Jefferson

I have a CM40 and just purchased a CM45. They are both picky about what they eat, but once you find the round that works, it works. I've got about 300 round through the CM45 and I love it. If your range has one to try out, you'll see what I mean....

Enjoyed the first range session with my new PM9. 150 rounds of Fiocchi 124 gr. with two FTF at about 60. No problems with the dreaded 7 round magazine. Surprisingly accurate for such a small pistol. Only negative was the aggressive stippling. I found myself re-purchasing my grip frequently. Will be ordering Talon grips to easily solve that very minor issue. I'm very pleased.

I have noticed that Fiocchi ammo is a bit longer than my defensive ammo, and causes misfeeds occasionally in my MK9. If you have more misfeeds in the future, keep the ammo in mind................I use the 115 gr.

Took my new CM45 out for its first range trip and it was great! Only a quick 60 Rds of WWB but it was flawless - expected more hiccups like my PM9. Only thing I did not like was the sharp edges of the mag baseplate digging into my hand. I'm going try some modifications to fix that soon. Any similar problems out there and what did you do to correct it?