Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a grip dimension chart

Default looking for a grip dimension chart

I've been trying to find a resource that lists the different dimensions for the kahr grips. Basically, I need to know the width and trigger reach. I want to compare the different size calibers to the pm9. I Love my pm9. Which fits my small hand perfectly! But, I would also like to get something in .40 or .45 caliber.....I think they call this the "potato chip syndrome"

Quote Originally Posted by haven View Post
    I've been trying to find a resource that lists the different dimensions for the kahr grips. Basically, I need to know the width and trigger reach. I want to compare the different size calibers to the pm9. I Love my pm9. Which fits my small hand perfectly! But, I would also like to get something in .40 or .45 caliber.....I think they call this the "potato chip syndrome"
    PM40 seems to match the PM9 in that area. The slide is slightly 1/10" wider, but it is not noticeable in the grip area.

Hopefully, there is a well stocked gun shop somewhere nearby. Measurements are not very useful unless they are grossly different. You really need to hold them to appreciate any differences.
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

unfortunately, the local gunshops don't carry them. But, will gladly order it for me.

Personally I'd go PM45 myself without question.

Larger than the PM9 but a great carry gun in a perfect caliber.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If the grips size and trigger reach is the same or real close, I would like the .45. But, I need to get a hold of one first. I saw a chart with the dimensions for the glocks and was hoping there was one out there for the Kahrs.
    Last edited by Haven; 05-25-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by haven View Post
    If the grips size and trigger reach is the same or real close, I would like the .45. But, I need to get a hold of one first. I saw a chart with the dimensions for the glocks and was hoping there was one out there for the Kahrs.
    From the face of my trigger right at midpoint to the back of the frame at the radius where the web of your hand rest, basically parallel to the slide my PM45 is 2 5/8".

It's right at 1" thick side to side.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Check out this link...it was very informative when I was originally looking. I happily selected the PM9 and the CM9 and never looked back...they are now clearly my favorites! Every thing else takes a back seat when I get to the range.

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

Thanks Bawanna....now I'm on a mission to find the tape measure....it's probably somewhere with all the missings socks and pens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    From the face of my trigger right at midpoint to the back of the frame at the radius where the web of your hand rest, basically parallel to the slide my PM45 is 2 5/8".

It's right at 1" thick side to side.
    For those same dimensions, my PM40 is 2 1/2" and 15/16". That does not seem like much of a difference.

That chart is exactly what I was loooking for. Thanks Skeletonslinky. Wish it listed all the Kahrs. By looking at that, I think the pm45 may be to long of a trigger reach. Because of how short mine is, a little difference matters. As it is, the pad of my finger just reaches on the pm9. It looks like the pm40 is the same though.