Xssights   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shield Big Dot Night Sights Range Report

Quote Originally Posted by bonjorno2 View Post
    It's always a nice feeling when your rounds stack up on top of each other!
    Bonjorno

I shot a few targets before I was able to present one I felt good about on this forum.

Changing to Big Dots I know will end the days of round stacking but it is a defensive gun and speed to Target is the name of the game.

Russ

I've seen shot stacking with Big Dots, I don't do it too much since I'm not a great shot. The standard dot works very well, not quite as fast to acquire but the same concept. I have a couple of those on larger guns and like them just as well.

The say when you get out there a ways to use the dot as a post, seems to work.

Didn't think it was gonna happen but looks like I might get to go shooting today, it's long long over due. Can't wait to christen the SR1911.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Bonjorno

I shot a few targets before I was able to present one I felt good about on this forum.

Changing to Big Dots I know will end the days of round stacking but it is a defensive gun and speed to Target is the name of the game.

Russ
    I have been on here since day one and so far have not come up with a target that I felt good about posting
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

What about the one you did with the 9mm hole punch that was impressive! Looked like a one hole group.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    I have been on here since day one and so far have not come up with a target that I felt good about posting
    My first couple of targets with the CM9 (at about 10 yards), I didn't get a single bullet in the 10 spot! I've gotten somewhat better since then. I think I'm going to just work with paper plates or milk jugs at 7 yards and forget bullseyes! :84:
    Last edited by JFootin; 05-27-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    Very interesting...

I'm a firm believer in "Minute of Pie Plate" with CCW guns. If you don't hit the second button or the end of the tie strings on the hoodie, they really aren't gonna notice any difference.

Dang it, there I go again profiling!
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

hahaha, as long as I hit the target and I am fast out of the holster that's all that matters to me... When we qualify at work I never shoot expert because just that, and I am fine with it.
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

Default oh my no

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    My first couple of targets with the CM9 (at about 10 yards), I didn't get a single bullet in the 10 spot! I've gotten somewhat better since then. I think I'm going to just work with paper plates or milk jugs at 7 yards and forget bullseyes! :84:
    problem. I hit the 10 spot every time at 7 yards, It is very easy, u take a 9" pie plate, make a abig 10 in the entire 9" plate and ur good to go. U know a guy has to do what a guy has to do.

Now put that sucker back at 15 yards and with my PM9, I think I could eat off that same pie plate for years to come and never have anything fall through a "hole". Just sayin

actually I taught TODD JARRETT everything I know. He was at the range with me for 5 minutes and walked away mumbling something about what a dumb fokk!!! I have an idea he was talking about his brother, so I took no offense.

Later on I checked on line and he has no brother,

Now I am pissed Just sayin.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

quit screwing around jocko and go answer my thread about what to upgrade on my blunt nose pm40
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!