Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Need specs on Comp-Tac Infidel holster

Default Need specs on Comp-Tac Infidel holster

Does anyone own a Infidel holster that can give me the specs on the belt clip mounting holes. I need the measurement between them. I also am curious what the distance between the belt clip and the holster body is at it's largest point. I know it's a odd request but any help would be appreciated.

Or if anyone could tell were i might be able to get a plastic or kydex belt clip for a 1 1/2" belt mounted on 1 1/2" centers for IWB carry would work. I'm trying to change the belt clip on my Galco Triton to something smaller since it's made for a 1 3/4" belt.
    I may just have to buy some kydex and make one if i can't find something that will work.

I have never seen any clips for 1 3/4" belts. Most "gun belts" are 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 wide.

Good luck an the search.

If your on your own check this out:
    http://www.oldfaithfulholsters.com/t..._tutorial.html

Kydex stock seen here, but I have never used this vendor...
    http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index....cke5a53e0kfv36
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

I have the Infidel. I'll measure it and post back. But I used to wear it w/ a 1.5 inch belt, no trouble. My newest belt (not a gun belt) that I wear when carrying is nearly 1.75, I think it's like 1.7. The Infidel standard clip just does fit over it.

Measurements to follow shortly.

So just measured...

The standard clip is definitely made for a 1.5 inch belt. The clip itself is exactly 1.5 inches along the inside flat part of the clip where the belt would lay. But because of how it mounts to the holster and the shape of both where they come together, you get another 1/8"+ there, so not quite 1.75".

The mounting holes on the standard clip (and holster too) are 1 5/8" on centers.

Hope that helps.

Dang, that comp-tac is off by just a 1/8". I was hoping they would be the same pattern since they look the same. I wonder if the same manufacturer sold them to Galco and Comp-Tac? I thought about getting the Comp-Tac anyway and just redrill the holes but i decided to just order some kydex and take a shot at it. If it doesn't work out oh well i'll just buy a whole new holster that has a 1 1/2" belt clip. I don't know what Galco was thinking. They made a awesome holster then put a crappy clip that won't fit most belts.

I really appreciate the help guys. I ask this same question on thefiringline and got like 100 looks but no comments. I guess their wasn't enough drama in my thread,lol. I'll repost when i get something resolved.

So is the galco 1.5 on centers?

If so, and this solution would be bulkier by a bit, but you could use a tek lok clip. I believe the 3x3 hole pattern are .75” on center. So 1.5 between holes 1 and 3 on each row.

Might be worth checking out. Hey also make a small clip, not sure of its measurements.

Hmm thats a option too then. I could also use straps. If Galso would have used Kydex on the clip instead of plastic i could have just reheated and bent the clip. I don't think i could do that with the plastic. Comptac at least gives you options.http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=70