Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolff 5# Striker Spring

Default Wolff 5# Striker Spring

Today I received the Wolff 5# striker spring, I finally got around to ordering. My CM9's trigger pull weight with the origional factory striker spring registered 7.1 on my gauge. After the new spring was installed, the trigger pull registered between 6.2 to 6.4. I feel the difference when dry firing. However, it does NOT feel to weak to be safe as my EDC. I'm looking forward to a range trip and seeing how it performs. I have posted pic's of my "all in the same whole" 2" - 2.5" groups with 50 rounds at 15 yards. Those pic's are around the forum somewhere. Maybe I can get those groups down to 1.5" - 2" groups with 50 rounds at 15 yards. Possibility, finally doing the "Lethal Weapon" smiley face at 15 yards that I promised Jocko I would not post pictures of. Anyway, I am going to carry my G19 until I can get to the range and confirm there are no light strikes and that everything is copacetic.

BTW, I did replace the mainspring housing on my new Kimber with a 25 lpi checkered metal one and replaced the 23# mainspring with a match grade 19#. Making an oh so sweet shooter even sweeter.
    Notables:
    Kimber Custom II 1911 .45 ACP ("How sweet it is")
    Kahr CM9 9mm - Trijicon night sights, Wolff 5# striker spring
    Glock 19 Gen 3 9mm - Meprolight night sights, BTGuiderod stainless steel captured guide rod, Ghost Ranger trigger connector, Vickers mag release
    Taurus 85 Stainless Steel .38 Special
    1977 Smith & Wesson 19-4 2.5" .357 Magnum - Wolff springs, Professional trigger job
    1955 Hi-Standard Sentinel R-100 .22lr
    1958 Marlin Golden 39-A Mountie .22lr
    Norinco SKS 7.62x39

I put the 5# striker spring in my CW9 about 1500 rounds ago. Stopped keeping track of the number of rounds through the gun but still kind of keep track as that is the amount of 9mm reloads I've reloaded/shot. Only one failure to fire in that time and that was from a bad primer. (know it was bad since my CZ Phantom wouldn't fire it off either after about 5 strikes).

Dry fire is one thing but you'll likely notice the difference when doing live fire more.

Good luck. (and if you do the at 15 yards with it, post the darn target no matter what jocko says!)
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Markis82 View Post
    . . . My CM9's trigger pull weight with the original factory striker spring registered 7.1 on my gauge. After the new spring was installed, the trigger pull registered between 6.2 to 6.4. . . .
    Sweet! Yours is the first measurement I have seen. Sounds like I will have to give it a try.

Thanks for sharing!
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

My 5#strikler was a tadover 5# but I have a crappytriggergauge to. Markis82 is probalby closer. but like all srings I am sure they can vary a # + or -.I have over 32K through my PM9 with the 5# striker and it now measure under 5# with my crappy trigger gauge. I would venture to say Markis82 trigger gauge is pretty accurate as around 7#is the normal kahr striker weight./
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I just tested it again. It registered between 5.9# - 6.1#. I guess after the new spring has been under pressure for serveral hours, it loosened or began to set. My first gauge readings were taken seconds after the spring was installed. I'll check it again tomorrow and see if there is any change.
    Notables:
    Glock 19 Gen 3 9mm - Meprolight night sights, BTGuiderod stainless steel captured guide rod, Ghost Ranger trigger connector, Vickers mag release
    1977 Smith & Wesson 19-4 2.5" .357 Magnum - Wolff springs, Professional trigger job
    Norinco SKS 7.62x39

ten check it after a couple hundred rounds..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

My PM45 with the Wolff spring breaks at 4.5# and my PM9 breaks at 5.2#. The trigger return spring on the PM45 is noticeably lighter than most. Everyone that handles it comments on the trigger pull.

Okay . . . Okay! You twisted my arm. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Besides my wife won't even notice the envelope in the mail when they arrive. I ordered a set of three, along with some spare magazine springs.
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Is it easy to change out the springs? I couldn't find anything on YouTube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NRA Member.."Please support, if you don't already"
    "Punish the deed, not the breed"
    "I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it."

Quote Originally Posted by pitandkahr View Post
    Is it easy to change out the springs? I couldn't find anything on YouTube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here is the thread. Slide detail strip

There is a difference from the video... To remove the slide cover, get a small but strong jewelers screw driver and push the extractor pin in thru the whole in the slide cover. This will relieve tension on the slide cover and you can push it down while pushing in on the extractor pin. This is where you need to watch out for flying parts.

Do it inside a clear heavy duty ziploc bag. From the spring pressure, parts tend to fly out and you'll never find them if they are not contained.

For gosh darn sake, take note of how the parts are as you take them out so you can put them back correctly.

Also have some brake parts cleaner at hand. Might as well clean everything up while you have at appart.
    Notables:
    Norinco SKS 7.62x39