Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wolff 5# Striker Spring

Quote Originally Posted by Markis82 View Post
    Here is the thread. Slide detail strip

Do it inside a clear heavy duty ziploc bag. From the spring pressure, parts tend to fly out and you'll never find them if they are not contained.

For gosh darn sake, take note of how the parts are as you take them out so you can put them back correctly.

Also have some brake parts cleaner at hand. Might as well clean everything up while you have at appart.
    Thank you very much...I could have sworn I saw a video of it being done super quick and that baffled me because I know if I did it, it would take super long...LOL
    NRA Member.."Please support, if you don't already"
    "Punish the deed, not the breed"
    "I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it."

24 hours after spring installation the trigger pull weight seems to have leveled out. I tested it 12 times. It registered either 5.8 or 5.9 on every pull. So, I will report back after shoot several hundred rounds, which I hope to do next week sometime.
    Notables:
    Kimber Custom II 1911 .45 ACP ("How sweet it is")
    Kahr CM9 9mm - Trijicon night sights, Wolff 5# striker spring
    Glock 19 Gen 3 9mm - Meprolight night sights, BTGuiderod stainless steel captured guide rod, Ghost Ranger trigger connector, Vickers mag release
    Taurus 85 Stainless Steel .38 Special
    1977 Smith & Wesson 19-4 2.5" .357 Magnum - Wolff springs, Professional trigger job
    1955 Hi-Standard Sentinel R-100 .22lr
    1958 Marlin Golden 39-A Mountie .22lr
    Norinco SKS 7.62x39

Quote Originally Posted by pitandkahr View Post
    Thank you very much...I could have sworn I saw a video of it being done super quick and that baffled me because I know if I did it, it would take super long...LOL
    I did my P380 yesterday for the first time. It is not that difficult-if I can do it anyone can!

When I did it on my CM9 to put the 5# spring in, the back plate was really stuck tight, like it was welded in place. I put a little nick in the frame trying to free it up using a screwdriver. (My brother was holding the pin in with a tiny screwdriver.) It finally popped loose and we finished the job.

That trigger is so buttery smooth now, I love it!
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    When I did it on my CM9 to put the 5# spring in, the back plate was really stuck tight, like it was welded in place. I put a little nick in the frame trying to free it up using a screwdriver. (My brother was holding the pin in with a tiny screwdriver.) It finally popped loose and we finished the job.

That trigger is so buttery smooth now, I love it!
    On my PM40's, the back plates were both very tight as well. I'm guessing Kahr assembles that part using a small rubber handle, rather than take a moment to fit it better during assembly.

If you didn't do anything to free it up yourself, here's a suggestion for the next time you have to remove the back plate:
    1. Find a relatively broad screwdriver you don't care too much about.
    2. Sharpen the tip of the screwdriver to a knife-like profile that will fit into the seam between the slide and the back plate, hitting below the rounded edges of the seam. Polish your new tool to make it smooth on the sides. With the contact point below the surface, any marks you make will be pretty much invisible once the slide and back plate reassembled.
    3. You can then position the sharpened screwdriver and tap it into the seam, like a wedge, to start the end plate moving with no fear of making visible marks.

Worked for me, even on the DLC gun. Having a brother on hand would have been helpful . . .
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

mightymouse Guest

Why do I read these posts?
    Ended up taking my CM9 down, polishing various parts, firing pin, striker block, cocking cam, and then ordered the 3 pack of 5# springs.
    Even if its all in my head, another good day with my Kahr and way better than pullin' weeds in the garden.

not in ur head, and certainly beats the hell out of pullin weeds...The polishing part certainly has to help if for anything peace of mind that all is well ..

Nice thing about kahrs striker spring is it can sit for 10 years and it really is not under any real pre-cocked tension. It get is workout basically when the tri8gger is pulled. I thought at first about the 5# striker spring and I have a 3 pak when I ordered. I have never replaced any of my 5# striker springs yet...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Is there any other way to clean up the trigger pull on the CM9 rather than change springs? Mine seems to be "gritty" through the take up. The break is pretty clean though.

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelcm9 View Post
    Is there any other way to clean up the trigger pull on the CM9 rather than change springs? Mine seems to be "gritty" through the take up. The break is pretty clean though.
    Kahr triggers and gritty are usually NOT mentioned together. I hear about a smooth but long trigger. But not gritty. Make sure your striker channel is clean. Does it feel gritty if you pull the trigger while the slide is off?
    Notables:
    Kimber Custom II 1911 .45 ACP ("How sweet it is")
    Kahr CM9 9mm - Trijicon night sights, Wolff 5# striker spring
    Glock 19 Gen 3 9mm - Meprolight night sights, BTGuiderod stainless steel captured guide rod, Ghost Ranger trigger connector, Vickers mag release
    Taurus 85 Stainless Steel .38 Special
    1977 Smith & Wesson 19-4 2.5" .357 Magnum - Wolff springs, Professional trigger job
    1955 Hi-Standard Sentinel R-100 .22lr
    1958 Marlin Golden 39-A Mountie .22lr
    Norinco SKS 7.62x39

Quote Originally Posted by Markis82 View Post
    Kahr triggers and gritty are usually NOT mentioned together. I hear about a smooth but long trigger. But not gritty. Make sure your striker channel is clean. Does it feel gritty if you pull the trigger while the slide is off?
    Maybe gritty isn't the right word...I'm used to 1911 triggers and Savage Accu-triggers, so this DAO trigger is new to me. There's about a 1/4 inch of loose take up, and then within the next 1/4 inch when there's resistance, it feels gritty, and you can hear an audible "click" inside the gun. It's that "click" that is making the trigger not feel smooth.