Xssights   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Why did you buy your kahr

Quote Originally Posted by Scarywoody View Post
    Long time Glock carrier. I CC'd a Glock 19/23. As I have aged my back starting to hurt. So I carried less and less. As we all know, the best gun to have is the one that is with you. As Glock doesn't make a single stack and the G26/27 was still too bulky, Kahr was an open option. I prefer striker fired semi's with polymer frames for carry. I tried a S&W 438 for a while but it wasn't comfortable. I bought a Kahr CM9 and IWB carry with a back up mag in my pocket. Lightweight and easily carried. I traded some on the capacity but I'll still carry my G19/23 when I visit the big city.
    I do find it interesting that so many kahr owners were glock owners who carried their glocks but were just looking for supin much smaller to carry where special dress cloths was not needed. Kahr fills that need. I don't shoot my PMJ9 good at all but at 7 yards I do OK with it, I feel very confident with it, much more confident than when I was walkingaround with my P3AT in my pocket and never knowing if the fokker was gonna work or not. I do think back in the day though that the kel tek's as junkfy as many were started the ccw mini gu fad and it took quite a few years for the major gun makers to realize that people wanted a smaller ccw. Now IMO u don't hear to uch about the kel teks any mo0re...I would be today they are pretty good reliabler gun to. They must have had sumpin nice or Ruger wouldnot have copied their first 380 after the kel teks, and also suffer a recall on the for not doing a good job of making a 380..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    I do find it interesting that so many kahr owners were glock owners who carried their glocks but were just looking for supin much smaller to carry where special dress cloths was not needed. Kahr fills that need. I don't shoot my PMJ9 good at all but at 7 yards I do OK with it, I feel very confident with it, much more confident than when I was walkingaround with my P3AT in my pocket and never knowing if the fokker was gonna work or not. I do think back in the day though that the kel tek's as junkfy as many were started the ccw mini gu fad and it took quite a few years for the major gun makers to realize that people wanted a smaller ccw. Now IMO u don't hear to uch about the kel teks any mo0re...I would be today they are pretty good reliabler gun to. They must have had sumpin nice or Ruger wouldnot have copied their first 380 after the kel teks, and also suffer a recall on the for not doing a good job of making a 380..

Glock could have done alright but I think the CCW crowd is much smaller than the military/police crowd so they market to the largest number of buyers. Their method of making a mini by chopping the grip and barrel of a full size got me to buy one, but after carrying it for a couple years I started wanting something that didn't require a jacket or baggy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert Kahr View Post
    Glock could have done alright but I think the CCW crowd is much smaller than the military/police crowd so they market to the largest number of buyers. Their method of making a mini by chopping the grip and barrel of a full size got me to buy one, but after carrying it for a couple years I started wanting something that didn't require a jacket or baggy pants.
    I dunno, there are well over 11,000,000 concealed carry permit holders across the United States which is roughly 4 times the number of US, state & local LEOs & military.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Going to the core of the thread question, I bought mine to carry around on my person and, if necessary, shoot people with. Not too sure there's much use for them otherwise.
    Last edited by ltxi; 12-01-2014 at 05:53 PM.
    NRA Benefactor

I bought mine to carve pumpkins. (See avatar)
    ​O|||||||O

I wanted is small striker fired .380 to replace a diamondback db380,after some initial hiccups and(IMHO) quality control issues,my cw380 has proved to be a great pocket pistol.

Honestly? It was two part:

I have a Kimber Solo that is a work of art, but it's also very picky with ammo and maintenance. As such, I was in the market for a compact single stack 9.

What happened next? I arrested a guy who had a PM45 on him and when I was making it safe I thought to myself that it felt like a damn nice gun. Sure, not as finished and artful as the Kimber, but very nice.

A few months later I picked up a CM9 and haven't looked back. It's amazing.

As soon as Kahr gets it back to me (rampectomy presumably), it will be my EDC and backup on duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
    Honestly? It was two part:

I have a Kimber Solo that is a work of art, but it's also very picky with ammo and maintenance. As such, I was in the market for a compact single stack 9.

What happened next? I arrested a guy who had a PM45 on him and when I was making it safe I thought to myself that it felt like a damn nice gun. Sure, not as finished and artful as the Kimber, but very nice.

A few months later I picked up a CM9 and haven't looked back. It's amazing.

As soon as Kahr gets it back to me (rampectomy presumably), it will be my EDC and backup on duty.
    Is that PM45 still in your evidence locker? Just curious.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I didn't like carrying my 1911 due to weight, but still wanted a .45 acp. I wanted simple, thin, light, and USA made. Handled some Kahrs and really liked the triggers. Got a CW45, then got a CM9. CM9 is with me as much as possible. Next handgun is likely to be a K series.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Is that PM45 still in your evidence locker? Just curious.
    I think it was released back to him after the case was adjudicated. I wish we could buy some of the stuff we find. They won't let us unfortunately.