Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IDPA.... how did you get started?

oh contrare, u don't want to put any money on ol jocko, unless it is for last place. Just sayin.
    I am but of only a few that can take a 9" paper plate to the range and at 15 yards, do my shooting stuff and still be able top eat off that plate with nuttin fallin through the holes.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

I could not shoot in a competitive match without comparing my performance to that of others. Maybe that's just me. My competitive spirit is too strong to allow me to deliberately select gear which would create a disadvantage.
    For sure! I am way too competitive too, so I completely understand what you are saying. (Over 23 yrs in the martial arts which I've now retired from.) The handgun is my new sword.

For now, I compete with myself to get better with the PM. However, my defensive tactics buddy has given me some advice to get myself a more competitive gun so I can work out some things to see where it is me and where it may be my PM. He feels a competition gun will actually help me make big strides. I completely understand that my scores will improve and I will/should develop some skills which may enhance my shooting and PM gun handling. I have borrowed a competitive gun and my speed and scores immediately jumped on the longer distances. It is simply faster to acquire a good sight picture. However, I have put this purchase off for years, partly because of money, partly because I am still working with the PM and partly because my wife might shoot me for buying another gun. I have a tough time buying a competitive gun when I won't carry it and its' sole purpose will be competition scores with the hopes of improve my shooting with my CCW. The only way to know is to try it. All this giberish being said, I am going to LOOK at an MP40Pro this week. I've told the wife, received the harsh looks and words and I'm ready for a few weeks of sleeping alone....should I make the decision to go for it. Then comes the holster, mag pouches..... More harsh looks, more bad words and a few more weeks of sleeping alone. The MP40Pro will be arriving at the gun dealer today or tomorrow. My gosh this is a tough decision to retool, especially being that I love my sexy little PM so much....haha.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

OK....the results are in. I got the call today from my local dealer to look at the MP40PRO he received today. I immediately fell in love with it. I have looked at Glock, various 1911's, Springfield XD's, etc... This S&W M&P Pro is exactly what I was looking for and fits me perfectly. Just an IDPA update.
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Quick IDPA update...the wife WAS still speaking to me. When we got home from work yesterday I started helping her with a dinner party we were having that evening. She started giving me funny looks, as if my help was abnormal, so I broke the news like this...."Don't you wish your loving husband bought guns more often with all the help he is giving you?...I love you honey." No smile and Silence since..... Kind of nice and Yep, the wife WAS still speaking to me. Anyone ever have this experience?
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

yep! so I got a gun for the wife; best deal I ever made!!!

NRA LIFER
    IDPA LIFER

What are the rules for small pistols like P380 and 38 snubby?