Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun

Thread: CW9: Broken In, Sighted In, Un-Ratted, Dependable, But Not Pocket Size

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by 7shot View Post
    Frankly I can't see why people want to pocket carry a firearm. It just doesn't make logical sence to me. Seems to me pocket carry would be harder to draw from, especially seated, and in the heat of battle you might not remember where it is positioned in your pocket (do you have pants or shorts with a deep or shallow pockets.) You're also trying to dig something out of a small hole, especially if you have big hands. Personally this is something I do not want to have to deal with. With hip carry you always know what position your weapon is in at all times and with a draw that doesn't require your hands fumbling around in your pocket. But then again I've never tried this type of carry, so I might be full of s**t.
    I'd hate to be sitting down or buckled in a car and need my gun in a hurry while pocket carrying. But I have found that some of the softer pocket holsters such as Uncle Mike's work well in the AIWB location, where an untucked shirt keeps the gun hidden. As easy to draw when seated as when standing. And it still works for us lefties when buckled in a driver's seat. The shoulder strap gets in the way for righties unless they are riding shotgun. Of course, you could unbuckle if you need to access your gun.

Funny thing: of my 3 guns, the J-frame carries best at the AIWB position and draws easiest from my pocket. I use my TCP most often for pocket carry, and I usually carry my CM9 in a PJ IWB holster at 8:00.

A pocket holster I found that I really like, that also works perfectly for AIWB carry, is the Stays-Put Ultra. As the name implies, they stay put when drawing from the pocket and also stay in position AIWB. I have one for my J-frame and one for my TCP.
    Last edited by JFootin; 08-26-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    Very interesting...