This is just a short follow up to my other posts and my bottom line conclusion that the CW9 I bought is not really a pocket size pistol. It may be in two frames if the size limit cuts it off.

Original Problem: After more than 30 years of carrying S&W J frame .38/.357 revolvers in pants/shorts/cargo pants/dress pants/holstered/Baramimi hipgripped, I wanted something that could be practiced with using full power ammo and be more tactically useful than a 5 shot J frame and slow reloads. I looked at Ruger LC9s, fired a brand new KelTec PF9 a total of 3 shots before it died a sudden death, tried several little .380 autos, and liked none of them even if they had worked. Which they did not reliably. Neither did I care for the two finger grip mini-9s made by Kahr.

One Solution Tried: I bought a Kahr CW9 along with 6 magazines, a custom pants pocket holster by the maker of my J frame holsters, and several kinds of ammo. The pistol was broken in with WW115FMJRN, sighted in with Hornady 115 Critical Defense, and tested to my satisfaction for a zero and for function. After break in and sight in, it was fired another 700 rounds for testing magazines and for un-ratting foul ups. After that, I started using it in summer carry pants/shorts pockets. The problems and successes encountered in that process are summarized below with the thread info attached.

Conclusion: My conclusion is that after I un-ratted it, the Kahr CW9 was dependable for function, sufficiently accurate for 0-15 yard evil doer shooting, and I had "mastered" the learning curve sufficient to make it a reasonable choice for a small 9mm auto. I could hammer away for 100 rounds of 9mm and be unhurt. The three finger grip was controlable. The trigger, while long and long to reset, was manageable if you just kept pulling. Practice with the J frame has to be with light handloads. 7+1 is always nicer than 5.

However, the CW9 is not a pocket gun as hoped for. I have decided that it was an inappropriate choice for a S&W J frame replacement. If you take my S&W M&P 340, my S&W M60, and the Kahr CW9 and place them stacked on top of each other, they appear to be the same height and length. The Kahr is thinner and flatter, both of which are good.

The problem is that where the J frames have a barrel and cylinder and grip, the area of the J frame hammer is rounded. The Kahr CW9 is square and has a lot of metal in that area where the J frames have nothing making them more triangular than rectangular.

The result of those differences is that the Kahr is flatter, but sticks up farther and to the left if in a right front pants/shorts pocket. It is not bad walking around, but if you sit, in every clothing combination I can find, the rear of the slide of the Kahr is sticking you in the privates, family jewels, and making putting on a seat belt in a car about impossible to be comfortable.

In comparison, I just completed a 1000 mile car trip with the M&P 340 in my pocket all the way quite comfortably. There was seat belt clearance and room for other things more personal. You could ride comfortably with it.

In counter point, I used the Kahr today for a 40 mile shopping here there and everywhere trip and all it did was dig in and make misery.
The extra two inches of slide/frame/rear sight in that area makes it uncomfortable if you are sitting. Standing, the extra weight of the Kahr and magazine is noticeable. Combined with a loaded 7 round magazine in the other front pocket, it becomes too heavy compared to the Scandium alloy J frame M&P 340 and an extra speed strip in the other pocket. Same holster maker and design.

Not being able to sit down and be comfortable is a deal killer for the Kahr. The weight I could have learned to live with.

Alternative: You could say that the smaller 6 shot magazine Kahrs would be a better small fit. But they leave one finger hanging off the grip and the easy control is gone. The M&P 340 grip is a wood custom one that puts three fingers onto a minimum of length, but with enough wood to soak up recoil. It has a design that replicates a grip adapter in place with wood a little below the frame.