Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: Mossberg 500 Jammomatic

Default Mossberg 500 Jammomatic

Here is the link to my other forum. As you will see, they are far from being as helpful as you guys, except that Rossingol guy...he tries at least, so I showed my appreciation. I AM new there, so maybe that was the cause for lack of help and attention.

My mossy just started not chambering rounds all of the sudden. They were getting stuck in the magazine tube. You can read the rest here optionally, but the pictures might be a quick thing to look at for you guys.

Long story short, the shell retaining rod and action rod of the pump weren't getting along because the retaining rod was bent. So I just set it on a table and bent it back by hand, so far fixing the problem!

http://mossbergowners.com/viewtopic....p=55776#p55776
    Kahr PM9094 - Hornady Critical Defense

Marlin 30-30
    Mossberg 500A 12 GA
    Marlin .22LR

This is a very friendly and a helpful forum for shotguns:
    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/index.php
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

I wouldn't get to upset at the folks on the other forum. From your first post to the last was just a couple of days. Some folks don't check in every day and most folks that can't offer help don't answer up. However, just about every active member will read your post.

It doesn't mean the members are ignoring you, just that they have less of a clue than you do. It can be frustrating trying to find a solution, but odds are if noone else has had the same problem you are having, you won't get too many responses. This goes with most forums, whether firearms or vehicles or doll making.

With Mossys, make sure you are getting a full shuck back on the pump. If you don't, they don't pick up well. All my newer ones did this when new, but don't now for some reason.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”
    “To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    --George Mason

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Got that DC?

@Deacon - thanks man! Ill check them out just to see what they are like

@AJ - I'll assume you DON'T belong to a doll forum! Hahaaa jk. But at least here you can always rely on Jocko or Bawanna saying some off topic jargen that gets you laughing, even if they don't have a useful answer for you(which is rare). I guess I just call this home is what it comes down to.

@Les - I didnt know this to be particular to mossys, but I will focus on that, thank you!
    Kahr PM9094 - Hornady Critical Defense

Marlin 30-30
    Mossberg 500A 12 GA
    Marlin .22LR

Is it okay to keep a Mossy 500 fully loaded to where the last shell is tight pressing into the tube?
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Is it okay to keep a Mossy 500 fully loaded to where the last shell is tight pressing into the tube?
    OL I've had my 20 Ga. Mossberg Crusier fully loaded (5 rnds 2-3/4" #3 buck )for the last 15 plus years. I've never had any sort of problem. The tube spring seems the same as the day I bought it and loades the rounds flawlessly. Being that it also takes 3" rounds, fully loaded with with 2-3/4 " the spring still has about a 1-1/4" of play in it before it's fully compressed. Hope that answers your question.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

SHOOT STRAIGHT, RIDE SAFE