Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW9 questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question CW9 questions

So I bought a cw9 yesterday and I wanna carry seven plus one and people have told me to use the may release to chamber first round I have been doing so so my question is is this info I have been given correct plz help

I am also new to this forum so if info is already posted a link would be nice

I think you mean use the slide lock release to chamber rather than sling shot.

That is what Kahr recommends. After break in you should be able to load either way.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

and es, yu want to load from the mag. don't drop one in the chamber and drop the slide unless you got spare extractors.

for 7+1, load mag, chamber a round, remov mag, and top off.

enjoy it, i know i am!

Quote Originally Posted by FireMoose View Post
    and es, yu want to load from the mag. don't drop one in the chamber and drop the slide unless you got spare extractors.

for 7+1, load mag, chamber a round, remov mag, and top off.

enjoy it, i know i am!
    I agree the best way to do it.

^^That's the way I've been doing it ^^
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Quote Originally Posted by MW surveyor View Post
    ^^That's the way I've been doing it ^^
    Thats what I have been doing too.

Default If u bught

Quote Originally Posted by cwhitehead View Post
    So I bought a cw9 yesterday and I wanna carry seven plus one and people have told me to use the may release to chamber first round I have been doing so so my question is is this info I have been given correct plz help

I am also new to this forum so if info is already posted a link would be nice
    a new kahr, u shouldhave a manual andit so tells you what the other people told you to do. U can hand rack also but it takes alittle time to get the hang of it, best to use the slide lock lever to load that first round. when at the range do both drills until u can do both correctly EVERY TIME.

Ur OK, if u don't have a manual go to the kahr webb site and just down load the manual.

being ur new here, u should review to good stickys on the kahr tech sectionl.

#1 kahr lube cvhart

#2 propper prepping of ur kahr

welcome to the fourm, nice people here, willing to help as u have already foundout.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Smile

Well thanks for all the help.

Another way to load your is to put 1 round in the mag,load then just load the mag. I prefer this way as nothing is disturbed in the mag from loading the gun with the 1 round then there is a freshly loaded mag inserted into the gun. Just my opinion.

Just wanna say... the manual says things, which may be for reasons not immediately clear, and also to CYA at times.

The no slingshot rule... I think is CYA, to give them an out, and to provide consistency, for folks who cannot load the chamber using the slingshot method.

Single loading... breaking extractors? I doubt it. The Kahr extractor is as beefy as they come. Close your slide on an empty round. Kick the slide in the tail, and see how much it takes to get the extractor to flip over the rim. If you have a Kahr 45, it takes very very little! If you have a 9mm, it takes a bit more, but not a whole lot. Just a swift kick in the butt. So why no loading that way? Consistency. Also, you have a potential for projectile setback... can happen, does happen (I'll show ya if you want). Sort of the reverse bullet puller effect, and its mitigated a whole lot by stripping a round from the magazine.

I say, do it by the book (ahem).