Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just put the first 100 threw my baby the kahr cw9

Quote Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
    That in my opinion is some nice shooting. I'd be thrilled to get your 25 yard groups @ 1/3 that distance.
    I would ke to post pics but don't know how on my cell phone. Groups like that seem like a miracle compared to some of my friend ccw but they went really cheap and I didn't. And if you want groups like that get a kimber I swear I but 5 bullets in one hole every time I shoot it.

Please don't post a photo of ur 25 yard group with your kahr, It tends to make many of us very sick to our stomach. A good group for me at 25 yardsis merely one shot and then quitting and then telling everyone it went exactly whereI wqanted it to go, so why waste any more rounds. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    Please don't post a photo of ur 25 yard group with your kahr, It tends to make many of us very sick to our stomach. A good group for me at 25 yardsis merely one shot and then quitting and then telling everyone it went exactly whereI wqanted it to go, so why waste any more rounds. Just sayin
    OK jocko I will refrain from doing it just hope my cw9 last has long has your pm9

it will..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I recently added a front fiber optic sight to my CW9 and it rocks! Very easy to pick up the sight and at my outside range it glows. I am getting better with my shooting, but still have problems with using the trigger correctly on a consistant basis.

It seems I do best when I stage the freeplay and then wait to be surprised, but many times I anticipate and flinch. Any recommendations?

let me know when u find the cure!! Just sayin. I am so gladmy kahr triggers are not plastic asI would have broekn them a long time ago.

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerDave View Post
    I recently added a front fiber optic sight to my CW9 and it rocks! Very easy to pick up the sight and at my outside range it glows. I am getting better with my shooting, but still have problems with using the trigger correctly on a consistant basis.

It seems I do best when I stage the freeplay and then wait to be surprised, but many times I anticipate and flinch. Any recommendations?
    Most around here that have mentioned it do better NOT trying to stage but a steady pull through to the bang. I know that I anticipate and flinch when I try to stage mine. At the very least I'm not consistent when I stage.

Edit to add: If you getting 3-4" groups at 25 yards, don't listen to me or anyone else, just keep doing whatever it is your doing. At 25 I'd be lucky to hit anywhere 3 out of 4 times let alone shoot a group.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I hit good groups like I said and I personally like to stage the trigger but the only real cure for the flinch is trigger time with the gun till your comfortable with it. Idk why I personally just took to the trigger really good.

Update: I installed the Kahr Stainless Steel guide rod on my CW and took it to the range yesterday. I have shot maybe 800 rounds of Winchester white box 115 gr. FMJ in the last two weeks and never any issues. In the last 100 (wit the new guide rod) I had three FTLs. Picked up some Federal FMJ 115's and will try again.

I did not expect this to occur with the guide rod change. I have about 2,000 rounds WITH NO issues of any kind! Till now......

Guide rod should not have made any difference if the new one is the same diameter and length. Check the diameter of your new guide rod against the old one. Also, make sure that you have some kind of lube on it. Could also need a new recoil spring?

Also check to see that the open end (last coil end) of the spring is not making contact with the guide rod.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.