Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoulder Holsters

Default Shoulder Holsters

Does anyone know when the horizontal shoulder holster became popular? I think it was the 70s but I may be mistaken. Same question for the opposite side ammo pouch for a shoulder holster? I think that was the 70s also but it mayhave been earlier. Thanks for any insight.
    http://oldschoolguns.blogspot.com/ A place for classic firearms.

I think you are probably right on your estimate. It wouldn't have been much earlier as the Berns Martin for snubbies was still vertical. I'm guessing it was when they started bobbing semis.
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

I recall the Miami Classic shoulder holster, worn by Sonny Crockett, made by the Jackass Leather Co., set the gun culture world ablaze with desire and curiousity. I believe that was in the early '70s.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

There's photo's (trying to find them now) of the San Fransico PD detectives that worked the Zodiac case in the late 1960's that wore their shoulder holsters more of less horizontal. Apparently they were the inspiration for McQueen and the holster in Bullitt.

All I can find right now (at work) are stills from the movie a couple of years ago. Have to try again tonight.

Aloha

McQueen wore a upsidedown vertical holster in Bullitt.

Anyone ever figure out what Jack Lord wore in Hawaii Five O? It seemed to hang in space and time with little visible means of support.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Default oh

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post

Anyone ever figure out what Jack Lord wore in Hawaii Five O? It seemed to hang in space and time with little visible means of support.
    but the power of MOVIES
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Here is a George Lawrence from the 1950s. It's for a J-Frame S&W but a D frame Colt will fit also, just a lot tighter. It may be an older pattern, it does have a spring steel piece inside the leather to hold the gun around the cylinder.

http://oldschoolguns.blogspot.com/ A place for classic firearms.

I recall the Miami Classic shoulder holster, worn by Sonny Crockett, made by the Jackass Leather Co., set the gun culture world ablaze with desire and curiousity. I believe that was in the early '70s.
    Miami Vice ran from '84 to '89...

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...r-holster.html

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.as...32&CatalogID=2
    Leave the gun, take the cannoli

It isn't a Galco Executive, I have one and that isn't it. Nor did one ever see a supporting strap on the other side. It looked to be a single loop held up by;
    * memory
    * velcro
    * sewn onto his shirt
    * super glue
    * strict orders
    * 3" spike into Jack's shoulder.
    * suction cups
    * (my favorite) Area 51 technology.

Last edited by ripley16; 07-14-2012 at 05:39 PM.