Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Motormen out there?

Default Any Motormen out there?

I'm a motorman for the Baton Rouge PD in Louisiana and was just wondering if there were anymore on here.

Welcome. I spent6 all my street career in a four wheeled vehicles. Motors was just not my thing for on-duty.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    Welcome. I spent6 all my street career in a four wheeled vehicles. Motors was just not my thing for on-duty.
    Thanks for the welcome and I won't hold that 4 wheeled vehicle against you

Former; 8 years. Best assignment of my career. Back patrolling in a cage now, but ride my personal bike more than I drive the family sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by mser View Post
    Former; 8 years. Best assignment of my career. Back patrolling in a cage now, but ride my personal bike more than I drive the family sedan.
    nothing like the open air now is there. People just don't understand.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Ride mine to and from work about everyday, but that's the one assignment the wife said no too. She didn't care if I was the point man running through the door, but was too scared of the morons on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by mser View Post
    It is def the best job on the department. I've been assigned to motors since 2003 and have enjoyed it. My only complaint is we are only assigned a motor and not a car, so I have been on a bike in every type of weather imaginable.

Our state boys here in Indiana have both. Thgey tell me if it is abouve 40 out and not snowing or raining, they best be on the Harleys. otherwise it is in the cages. We have about 26 bike statecops today. It is growing a few more every year. they are finding out in the metro area like Indy that ther motorcycles are just "ticket" machines.

Course Indianapolis has been know for years of having the finest motor cops in parades. They have performed all over the united states..
    Last edited by jocko; 07-06-2012 at 11:55 AM.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Will be driving through Indiana starting in about five minutes, I would like to see as few of those Motormen as possible!
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
    (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

At my dept if there is precipitation they go in cars. However policy does not allow them to opt into cars until the temps drop below 32. And there is no option for cars in the heat.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up