Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: Grip for CW45

Default Grip for CW45

I was wondering if anybody knows of a better grip for the CW45 than the Hogue Handall Jr.?

I like and use the Qwik-Grip on my CM9. It doesn't have the palm swells and finger grooves, so it is a thinner profile. The best place to buy it is at Lonewolf Dist. Ask them what size will fit the CW45. I use the smallest, size 3, on my CM9. Maybe the size 2 would be right.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=84
    Very interesting...

Thanks Jfootin. I'll give them a try.

The Qwik Grip 2 fit my CW45 just fine. I really didn't need anything like it on the CM9, but felt the need for something on the CW45. After this addition it eliminated the cheese grater affect altogether.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...9&TERM=LWD-QG2

I made one from a mountain bike innertube,cut it the fit,turn it inside out and stretch it over grip.Fits good and is thin so it doesn't add much to the grip.

There are several options people have found, I guess search on CW Grips to find some. They are scattered all over. I find the Handall Jr. has worked well for me. The people at Hogue suggest using a little Windex on the handle to help the grip cover slide on easier. Should work for any other wrap around style covers. Some have used some stick on types of grip covers, not sure what brand or anything.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

+1 on the inner tube. Just enough to cover the cheese grater and give good feel.

Thanks everyone for the input. I've decided to try the Hogue first. They're not expensive so if they don't work out, I'll give something else a try.