Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beretta nano vs kahr cm9

I had Kahr put XS Big Dots on my PM-9 and couldn't be happier. I then put some on my Beretta Vertec which I use for home defense and IDPA. Great sights!

IMHO the Nano is second only to the CM9 as a striker fired 9mm pocket pistol. The CM9 is lighter and center line of the bore is lower for less muzzle flip. Both are very well made guns.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Default was u

Quote Originally Posted by Kiehtan View Post
    I had Kahr put XS Big Dots on my PM-9 and couldn't be happier. I then put some on my Beretta Vertec which I use for home defense and IDPA. Great sights!
    happy with the PM9 before u put the big dots on and now maybe just HAPPIER now that u have the big dots on. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    I am trying to work up the courage to try those on my shield. We all have the "bullseye gun" mentality in our heads when we go to the range. Oddly enough, my Sig 226 has the same lollipop version and I have no trouble with it. I just can't get used to total cover up of what I am aiming at. I currently shoot at white paper with a 1" square of florescent sticker at 30'.
    340pd:

You already know the downside to the lollipop sight (Big Dot)

I will be very honest I miss the tight groups and 25 yard shots the full size three dot stock sights produced with my Shield, but in the end I had to make a decision, is the Shield a range gun or a defense gun?

Keep the stock sights if your Shield is a range gun. The lollipop sights will never match your current sights for accuracy in fact I struggle to keep the shots in the black at 7 yards.

If your Shield is a defense gun the Big front sight and the low profile shallow v shape rear sight will only add to your front sight or point shooting skills and from what I have read if you can master point or front sight shooting you will be at a greater advantage over the person lining up front and rear sights.

I have read the precise excercise of alighnment of front to rear sights is pointless in a real life or death gun fight because most including cops just start pulling the trigger before taking aim. (That may explain why cops miss 90% of their close range gun fight shots)

Russ

If you guys really want to challenge yourselves, when the gun clears your holster just rotate, point and shoot from the hip. See if you can put two into a 10" paper plate that's chest high at a distance of 3'.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by Gtfan View Post
    I own a kahr cm9 and am considering buying a nano do any of y'all have any experience with the nano and how does it compare to the cm9?

May I humbly suggest, getting a nice CM45 or PM45 instead?

Reason being - you'll have more options on carry.

You'll have the same feel, operation, and trigger.

Same sights. Same grip, Same manual of arms.

Its "in the family" and a natural alternative...

whereas, the Nano is not in the gene pool of the CM9 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    IMHO the Nano is second only to the CM9 as a striker fired 9mm pocket pistol. The CM9 is lighter and center line of the bore is lower for less muzzle flip. Both are very well made guns.
    And the CM9 has a much slimmer, more compact profile, making it easier to carry (especially in a pocket holster) and easier to draw. As far as I can see, the only advantage of the Nano is that field stripping for cleaning is much simpler and easier.