Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another boring range report

Default unless

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    OK. Well, it's the locking on last round that I want because with my clumsy crippled hands I cannot rack the slide all the way back, keep it there and reach a thumb over to push the lever up. I keep one mag empty so that I can insert it when I want the slide locked open. Simple solution for me.
    u pack a spare mag on ur person, the locking thing is kinda of a mute point, nice to have work but not necessary. Had my PM9 never had this feature, I would never have given it a second thought, sometimes just another thing to go wrong when needed. Not alibing for a gun tha thas it and it doesn't work right either, just saying for me. it doesn'tmatter. I never carry a spare mag. If I cant do it in 7,,,, I am probalby done anyways.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    There are alternatives to racking the slide by hand. I've seen guys do some pretty impressive things with handguns who only had one arm. Where there's a will there's a way.
    Well, I can rack the TCP pretty easily, and in a pinch I can rack my CM9. The trouble is that my fingers don't move sideways and manipulate stuff well, so I cannot hit the slide stop lever while holding the slide back. The empty mag in there does it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    u pack a spare mag on ur person, the locking thing is kinda of a mute point, nice to have work but not necessary. Had my PM9 never had this feature, I would never have given it a second thought, sometimes just another thing to go wrong when needed. Not alibing for a gun tha thas it and it doesn't work right either, just saying for me. it doesn'tmatter. I never carry a spare mag. If I cant do it in 7,,,, I am probalby done anyways.
    I know what you are saying, Jocko. I usually don't carry an extra mag, either. But at home or the range, when I need to lock the slide back for whatever reason I use an empty mag. For instance, if I have the gun unloaded and have been dry firing it, then I want to load it again, I will use an empty mag to lock the slide when I rack it, insert a full mag, load a round in the chamber and put another round in the mag.

The convenience of the slide lock back feature with an empty mag is something I wouldn't want to be without. So, the fact that the TCP will do that and the P3AT and LCP don't makes those guns unsuitable for me. Of course, the much more expensive P380 will do it, but the slide lock lever is huge by comparison to the TCP, IMO.
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    OK. Well, it's the locking on last round that I want because with my clumsy crippled hands I cannot rack the slide all the way back, keep it there and reach a thumb over to push the lever up. I keep one mag empty so that I can insert it when I want the slide locked open. Simple solution for me.
    It's unfortunate to have this problem! I may be young, but I've had my left arm rebuilt and plenty of problems with my shoulder, leaving me with the same difficulty.. Do you find that your Taurus is easier to operate in this instance?! It would only make sense to me that it would be..

I've been looking at Taurus as another option as well, but I couldn't ever get over Kahr. Maybe I'll get this "for my wife" as her carry. She's excited to have one now too!

As I read a similar response just above my question!!!