Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen

Thread: What pistol do you carry the most?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've gotten lazy the last few months. I either carry my Taurus M650 (small frame 357 with an enclosed hammer) or my Kahr PM9. The choice is made depending on what I'm doing that day and the weather. I do carry magnum ammo in the 357 (Corbon DPX) and +P Gold Dots in the PM9.

My full time job isn't poster per MN State law but they do have a no weapons policy in the manual. With how jobs are lately I haven't felt like taking any risks.

If the gun is going to live in the lockbox (got one in each vehicle) it's probably the M650. I take the PM9 when it's more likely I'll shift stuff around in my pockets and slide it in for some shopping.

If I feel an elevated threat level I can go to a Taurus PT92 (Supertuck) or a medium frame 357 (Supertuck) but I got that one more for hiking. Good chance there'll still be a pocket gun along.

Previously I've carried a subcompact XD9 daily but with getting the PM9 and the PT92 it's an extra gun right now.

Steelheart

PM40 most of the time. On those days when I know I have a higher risk level I'll carry my G19.