Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: What pistol do you carry the most?

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    I enjoy coming back to this thread. For me it has been almost exclusively Kahrs for a long time. Lately it's a P40. And when a slightly smaller gun helps to conceal: a PM9. You can conceal a P-series Kahr OWB under a t-shirt (with the right holster).

IMHO that's what Kahrs are all about: carry guns. It's why I switched to polymer Kahrs and sold my K40 and MK9. No regrets. The polymer guns are even thinner and lighter and carry just a little bit better.

There are probably better shooters out there. And less finicky guns for sure. And prettier guns. But a good-running, well-broken-in Kahr is a pleasure to carry.

^^^ Fanboy talk I know. But I think that's an honest assessment.
    With ya...

I gravitated toward Kahr simply because I prefer small and light relative to caliber. My most frequent EDC is my PM9 in a kydex A1Holster pocket rig.

Next would be my PM45. I also have a PM40 but for whatever reason, the other two are preferred. PM45 is my favorite to shoot, love that darn thing.

Wish Kahr would've been inclined to develop a sleek double-stack ala the P365 though. Because if/when Sig irons out the bugs with that one, it just may relegate my beloved Kahrs to back-up status.

Ive been stuffing a K9 into my pants for the past 10 years or so. I commonly outshoot guys with full size guns at IDPA matches. But I recently picked up one of those Sig 365’s. That thing is indeed a game changer if it proves to be trust worthy. All manufacturers stumble with new platform roll outs, and Kahr is no exception. But that Sig has stumbled pretty hard, according to the online clamoring. I know broken strikers on the Sig are the reason I’m still packing my K9. Maybe another 1k rounds through that Sig and those two may trade places.

Quote Originally Posted by WMac19 View Post
    With ya...

I gravitated toward Kahr simply because I prefer small and light relative to caliber. My most frequent EDC is my PM9 in a kydex A1Holster pocket rig.

Next would be my PM45. I also have a PM40 but for whatever reason, the other two are preferred. PM45 is my favorite to shoot, love that darn thing.

Wish Kahr would've been inclined to develop a sleek double-stack ala the P365 though. Because if/when Sig irons out the bugs with that one, it just may relegate my beloved Kahrs to back-up status.

There are three pistols in my rotation---My CM9(which I carry IWB about 90 percent of the time I leave the house), my CW380(which is my work carry---I wear scrubs and smaller is better) and my G43. Its a great pistol but I opt for the smaller CM9 most of the time.

I reserve my steel Kahrs for range duty. I figure proficiency with them translates to proficiency with my carry pistol, and the steel frames allow me to put more rounds downrange with less fatigue.

EDC is a Kimber Custom Covert full-size 1911 .45 with aluminum frame. Tens of thousands of rounds and lots of holster wear. Only "repairs" have been playing with recoil springs and putting oversized grip screw bushings in it.