Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What pistol do you carry the most?

Quote Originally Posted by apheod View Post
    you gonna ask the bastards kicking your door in for a home invasion "just a minute" and head to the bedroom?

call me paranoid, but i stay loaded and holstered around the house. 80% of the time i have my hk p2000 in an MTAC, but i dont have my andrews macdaniel ii IWB for my pm9 yet and didnt like pocket carry so much as i thought i would.

i shoot the pm9 well enough at self defense ranges that once i get a comfy holster for it, i think it'll be closer to 50/50.
    NO! The " just a minute" means Im getting my other gun too or switching out. ALWAYS carry the 357 in the house. It is the house gun. I like carrying the CW because I have 15 rounds on me and I need a better holster for the SP 101 but they are hard to find for the 3 1/16th barrel IWB. I carry it in a Fobus paddle holster OWB in the house. Does that clear things up?? I shoot both well enough to hit a 3" circle 5 out of 7 times at 30 ft. but would like to do better. I am a perfectionist.

u guys must live in some awfully bad bad areas??
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    aw, the ol 39-2, Illinois State Police first 9mm semi auto. Still IMO one of the finest guns ever made.
    jocko,

The S&W 39-2 was my first 9mm and my first semi-auto pistol bought it new at Montgomery-Wards over 30 years ago. I have shot many thousands of rounds thought the ol'war horse and it still runs great on anything you put it it. I don't remember ever having even a single failure with the gun. It still is in very good shape some holster wear but only minor issues. I am thinking of having a local gunsmith cerkote it to give it a little update in looks, He does a excellent job with the cerakote finishes. I don't ever intend on selling it and a couple of my son's that grew up shooting it and have made it perfectly clear if I were to ever let go of it they have first shots at it.
    Tony,

Check My Photography Website
    PhotographicEndeavors.com

Army National Guard Veteran 1972-78
    NRA Life Member
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K40
    Kahr CW380
    "Defend freedom because it is not free"

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    u guys must live in some awfully bad bad areas??
    Everybody in my area is retired and there is only 3 streets to get in. If someone is in my neighborhood they are either visiting or they live here. Actually I live in a very good area so if you come over call first cause my neighbors will be watching

i dont live in the ghetto or anything, but a lower middle class neighborhood. i had my door kicked in while i was at work back in october and all of my weapons stolen, a few days later as i was coming over to pack up a load (i started moving out the night i found the door kicked in, as there was still 20k+ worth of electronics sitting around that he didnt take) i caught the bastard prying and kicking at my back door, and put him face down in the dirt at gunpoint while i called the police.

they charged him with vandalism for tearing up my door and turned him loose 4 hours later with no attempt to search his house for my weapons, and they didnt even inform the burglary detectives handling the prior week case. they called me a few days later and asked if i had any leads on who broke into my house, i was like "how about the guy i caught breaking in 2 days ago? good suspect in my amatuer opinion."

since then, i never get caught unarmed except at work, where i have to disarm.

pm45 is my edc. I change to different holsters as weather changes.
    In the summer I carry in an Ace IWB. Winter I have a Jeffery Custom Leather IWB I use.

i dont live in the ghetto or anything, but a lower middle class neighborhood. i had my door kicked in while i was at work back in october and all of my weapons stolen, a few days later as i was coming over to pack up a load (i started moving out the night i found the door kicked in, as there was still 20k+ worth of electronics sitting around that he didnt take) i caught the bastard prying and kicking at my back door, and put him face down in the dirt at gunpoint while i called the police.

they charged him with vandalism for tearing up my door and turned him loose 4 hours later with no attempt to search his house for my weapons, and they didnt even inform the burglary detectives handling the prior week case. they called me a few days later and asked if i had any leads on who broke into my house, i was like "how about the guy i caught breaking in 2 days ago? good suspect in my amatuer opinion."

I've heard from several LEO friends that after a successful home burglary, perps often go back to the same house after a few days. In addition I've known two folks (including my boss) who had exactly that happen to them.

Doesn't make sense to me - I'd think the victim would be more on guard. If I were a BG I'd move on to another unsuspecting victim. Maybe they're thinking because they were successful once, they can be successful again. Dunno - I can't think like a BG so I guess I wouldn't be a very successful one.
    Ray

NRA Endowment Life Member
    SAF Life Member

Default Main carry S&W 642 Pro

My main carry is a S&W M642 Pro. It has a power port, XS bigdot tritium front sight, Rosewood lamanent grips off my wife's 642 lady smith (she has a set of Crimson Trace Lasers on hers), and a laserlite pulsating laser on the right side of the frame. It is light at 17oz loaded with magsafe defenders. It is no sissy as it barks with authority, hits damn hard and is super easy to carry in my left front pocket inside a Desantes Superfly.

I have both a Kahr T9 and a Kahr MK40 with Novak night sights and wood grips at Robar for the Rogard black finish with the NP3 on internals. I've had some fine checkering done on the front strap and front of the trigger guard on both pistols. I also beveled the magwell and smoothed out some machine marks on the inside of the frames and polished the feed ramps before sending them to Robar. I have a stainless steel guide rod with high power 24lb spring coming for the MK40 due to some stiff loads I shoot out of it. I would do the same for the spring in the T9 but I can't find a heavier spring than the 20lb stock one. I shoot Corbon 155 +Ps and 180gr hard ball out of the MK40. The T9 gets Buffalo Bore 147gr +p+ for the carry load.

The MK40 had some good thump to it and I found my hand a little sore after the first session of 200+rds. I sent it out to Mag-na-port before I sent it on to Robar.

The T9 gave me some real issues with the rear Novak sight not tightening up and falling off during firing and the chamber being out of round. After some hard work I was able to get Kahr to step up and fix them. But as far as shootability the T9 was a sweethart even with the very hot loads. I can shoot the stiffest loads all day with no problems as long as I have my Peltors on. The T9 carries as well as the MK40 since it is a touch flatter. Flatter is more important in concealment than length of barrel. If you wonder about that find a Colt 1862 Pocket Police (replica or real) that comes with a 5” barrel and put it in your front pocket. You’ll be amazed at how well it conceals!

I'll send pics once I get them back.

Default Most likely time to be burglarized is 2 weeks after being burlarized.

==============

Burglars that do it for a living will come back to the same house they got a good load from the first time about two to three weeks after the first burglary. Why? Because that gives you time to get your insurance money and replace your stolen stuff. They'll probably even get lucky and be able to take the boxes they came in. If so they'll try and return it to the store for cash. Places like KMart will still hand the money over even with someone standing right there telling them the stuff is stolen. That has actually happened right in front of me.

Default S&w m39

Quote Originally Posted by Ol'coot View Post
    jocko,

The S&W 39-2 was my first 9mm and my first semi-auto pistol bought it new at Montgomery-Wards over 30 years ago. I have shot many thousands of rounds thought the ol'war horse and it still runs great on anything you put it it. I don't remember ever having even a single failure with the gun. It still is in very good shape some holster wear but only minor issues. I am thinking of having a local gunsmith cerkote it to give it a little update in looks, He does a excellent job with the cerakote finishes. I don't ever intend on selling it and a couple of my son's that grew up shooting it and have made it perfectly clear if I were to ever let go of it they have first shots at it.
    ======

The reason I bought a Kahr T9 was that I didn't buy a S&W M39 when I should have!