Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: What pistol do you carry the most?

Kahr PM 9
    S&W Model 640 357 caliber
    S&W " 351 22 magnum
    Colt Wiley Clapp Commander 45 caliber
    and as BUG NAA 22 magnum mini revolver
    Al

I have carried a snubby 38 for years. Carried a 2" Diamondback until I decided I didn't want to risk losing it if I had to use it. Then a S&W Model 60-4. Have switched between carrying a S&W Model 642 and Ruger LCP for quite a while now. Have never really warmed up to the 380 ACP for some reason. Recently bought a CM9 that I have gotten "broke-in". I haven't really carried it yet but will give it a shot soon. I always carry IWB. I guess I'm just one of those people that can't get used to having "stuff" in my pockets. I have a Desantis Clip-Grip on my 642 and it's just very easy to carry. Totally disappears under a t-shirt. But I am beginning to feel that 5 rounds is not enough. The world has become a place that may require more! I live in a warm environment and live in jeans and a t-shirt. But if I feel the need I wear an over shirt and carry a CZ 75D Compact (PCR) OWB with an extra 14 round mag.

I never put a gun in my pocket before and never will. Being a full time sitter I don't put anything in my pockets anymore but a gun in the pocket never made a lick of sense to me. Guess it's better than leaving at home on the dresser but just about as quick to get to. Might be alright in dress slacks with those big sloppy loose pockets but jeans or work pants, way too slow.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I never put a gun in my pocket before and never will. Being a full time sitter I don't put anything in my pockets anymore but a gun in the pocket never made a lick of sense to me. Guess it's better than leaving at home on the dresser but just about as quick to get to. Might be alright in dress slacks with those big sloppy loose pockets but jeans or work pants, way too slow.
    Just the opposite in my old age . Carried a Colt gov't .45 IWB 40+ years ago, now only pocket carry. Of course I'm much less likely to need a pistol in my travels these days. Usually a Seecamp .32, although I bought a Kahr CM9 a few months ago in case I have to go into "Dodge City" .

Today? Sig P229 357.
    But I've got a Hk USP Compact 45 with a Stainless Steel slide inbound...

Full Disclosure:
    During the week in business casual attire? Ruger LC9s Pro.

Tried some extended pocket carry today with the Boomer. Was working, so I got to see how it is during extended kneeling in fire art mounds, sitting in mud, swinging from one rung of a ladder, and of course, of the spurious electrical shock test.

There are no unplanned holes of .44 cal in my breeks, I'm happy to report, and the Boomer is none the worse for the wear.

Carry an FN FNS40C most often, but my Kahr CW9 isn't far behind.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I used to carry a G36 or a CM9 depending what I wore and the season; CM9 has become EDC because of flexible carry modes,strong side IWB/OWB preferred, AIWB, pants pocket,or outer coat pocket. G36 didn't work well in any of my pockets and was uncomfortable AIWB carry.
    7rds. min., sometimes 8rds. in the gun, concealment garment permitting, one 7rd. extd. mag in horizontal Leatherman pouch.

the CM9 is also my competition IDPA BUG gun.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

NAA 22 magnum mini revolver always, S&W 351 22 magnum revolver, PM 9, Colt Wiley Clapp Commander in rotationAl

I'm new to this Fiorum, but not new to Concealed carry. I have settled (for now) on my recently acquired CW40 for the following reasons: 1) It is small enough & light enouogh to be carried concealed (no "general" open carry in my State (FL)...yet...). 2) It is very controllable and comfortable for my slightly arthritic hands, and I can shoot adequate groups with it out to 30 feet. 3) It is of sufficient chambering that I do not feel "undergunned". 4) It is sufficiently ambidextrous, I am a lefty. 4) The trigger pull is similar to that of a double action revolver, which I prefer on a civilian self-defense handgun, particularly in a model with "no external safety devices" (KISS principle) 5) I have found two sources of EXCELLENT, inexpensive holsters (left handed) for it: Braidsholsters.com and Clament Custom Leather on eBay. Braidsholsters makes very inexpensive form-fitted leather front/back pocket "no print" holsters, and Clament makes a very fairly priced all-leather "paddle" style form-fitted OWB (hip carry) model. Please check them out. 5) Lastly, and most importantly, this is THE firearm I currently possess that I feel most comfortable with, will practice with regularly, and KNOW I can shoot accurately in "the gravest extreme".
    I have been shooting handguns for 44 years, I am an NRA Endowment Member and Basic Pistol Instructor since 2010. May we always enjoy the Freedom to defend ourselves.