Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Politics: a Reminder

This is America and we believe in Freedom. If you don't want to participate in FREE speech, then you can go somewhere else. We try to keep it civil here and encourage discussions... friendly ones. Some push the "envelope" but most of us try to keep it clean here and act as adults.

This is the friendliest, most helpful site I've experienced and we get along well. Trainer, you just got here and if you don't like it, there are plenty of sites that prohibit everything and even want you to THINK "clean" thoughts. They have monitors ready to pounce if you disparage their particular brand of "toys", too. You have plenty of other choices for chat rooms.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

When the politics threads get ugly or disrespectful the thread is shut down.

If I remember right political discussion was limited until after the president won re-election and he started his gun ban efforts after the Newtown tragedy.

When that started, discussion of our many freedoms that are now in jeopardy was permitted in the political section of the forum that was created. Those that prefer not to see those threads can set up their profile so that they don't show up.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Well, it appears Kahr has taken a political stand with their new facility in Pennsylvania - as has Beretta, Remington, MagPul, Barrett, and a few other manufacturers moving to friendlier states.

But I agree that over the top invective has no place in the political debates.

Trouble is, who determines what is "over the top", "hate", etc.?
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Default Politics: a Reminder

Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    But I like bickering.

So just get married.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Awww, nothing like morning coffee through the nasal passages to get your day off to a good start. And I had a 2 day old shiny new keyboard too. IT is starting to get curious.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    So just get married.
    Having fun bickering and getting nagged are two different things.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I wrote the book on nagging, I get it by violets at work. I should file a sexual discrimination suit. I would if I didn't hate lawyers so bad.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by bawanna View Post
    i would if i didn't hate lawyers so bad.
    I beg your pardon!!!

You got smart and ain't one now so can we still be friends. Did you get a new car or dreaming about that yellow thing in your avatar.

Wait, ya already got 2 vettes, you sure you ain't still a lawyer?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    You got smart and ain't one now so can we still be friends. Did you get a new car or dreaming about that yellow thing in your avatar.

Wait, ya already got 2 vettes, you sure you ain't still a lawyer?
    I'm sure - I'm listed as inactive with the Georgia Bar Association.

Nope, I no longer own two "Vettes". I sold the red 08 and bought a yellow SSR. I do still have the silver 10 Corvette though. The SSR is a retractable hardtop, convertible pickup truck, sorta of, with a Corvette LS2 engine. How cool is that? They're rather rare and I had to go to a Cadillac dealer in northern Virginia to find a yellow 05.
    Attached Images Attached Images